I am currently doing a total revamp of a site, and am thinking of recommending VBA gallery for this. However, I have a couple of questions regarding my specific requirements. First, the requirements: Site Requirements
- The site has a main page, a gallery and a forum, all of which are integrated
- Gallery stats appear on the front page (e.g. latest pictures and newest members)
- Users of a particular level (let's call them Posters) are able to upload their own images
- User uploaded images must be approved by an Administrator
- Each 'poster' has their own gallery
- The view in the gallery site is picture based, not text based (from the sample gallery, I see the galleries are listed like a forum. I want them to simply be a picture with the member's name underneath)
From what I can make out, most of these requirements are achievable. Questions
- Does VBA Gallery integrate with VBA CMPS?
- If so, am I able to put my gallery stats (e.g. latest 5 pictures) on the front page (not site.com/gallery, but site.com itself)?
- As I mentioned, I will have a particular group of user (e.g. 'poster') that can upload pictures. Can I have an automatic listing on my gallery page of the newest users of that group, much like I can with newest pictures?
- Can I change the view of my main gallery page, so instead of a list view, I have a thumbnail for each gallery, with the user name under the thumbnail? (here is a random example from Pbase, not my gallery but you get the idea!)