PDA

View Full Version : does php version Asian Language ready ?

Jonney
July 4th, 2002, 04:59 AM
like chinese , japanese ... korea ...

it means , if i input chinese in any field .. like title .. username .. comment ... is it store and display correctly ??

Michael P
July 4th, 2002, 08:18 AM
Multinational language support was not directly built into the product and has not been tested. I am not sure what the effect would be.

I believe I saw a post that said someone was using the Perl version of different languages successfully; but I have no way of verifying this.

alaizquielda
May 23rd, 2003, 01:57 AM
I'm bringing up a almost-a-year-old topic here...

I think it is possible to display Asian languages with PhotoPost PHP (unicode). MySQL handles these just fine and as long as you set the charset in the meta tag to whichever encoding method you would like to display, there should be no problem displaying these languages in HTML pages.

My question then is,

is this meta tag (i.e. charset) defined in one place (e.g. lang.php, config.php, etc... as one of the vars) and called on each HTML page?

OR

is it defined on every single HTML page (template)?

Thank you.

P.S. I've been working for a Japanese art organization, and this program may be a great help in developing its website. Nice work!

alaizquielda
June 2nd, 2003, 12:05 PM
I just purchased the program and confirmed that it's possible to view Japanese language both in comments and interface.

If it works fine with Japanese, I'm sure it would be fine with Korean, Chinese, and other unicodes (try at your own risk, though) - just remember to place a meta tag to set charset to whichever language you want to show/read in pp-inc.php (within head tags, of course).

If you wanted to show the interface in your language, you'd have to translate it, if it's not yet available by default.

Thanks.

reefer
November 7th, 2003, 12:27 AM
I have no problem with korean except when I open Category Editor all charactors are changed to weird charactors.
I have to retype title and discription whenever I open Category Editor.

ywang98
September 12th, 2004, 03:31 PM
Where exactly in pp-inc.php that I can set the character set to UTF-8?

Thanks for the help.

Michael P
September 13th, 2004, 08:26 AM
I believe he is speaking about the printheader() function which has a few charsets defined based on the language setting in config-inc.php.