Setup
PhotoPost 8.42
UBB 7.5.8

cookie path: /
custom cookie prefix: ubbforum
pp cookie domain: .mydomain.com

(this is set within UBB)
Cookie Expiration Time: 30758400

We are currently using PhotoPost integration with UBB. My problem is that whenever anyone logs in through PhotoPost using their UBB forum
credentials, the login page will indicate a successful login however once the page finishes freshening, the index page looks like it
did not logged in the user.

Currently, the only way the integration works is by having users first log into the UBB forum first, then afterwards access the PhotoPost portion of the site.

Anyone have any suggestions on fixing this problem?

Chuck S
January 3rd, 2014, 03:53 PM
I would have to see your setup. You can email a url and admin login through the contact us link in our header if you want me to give an accurate account of what I can find.

Otherwise in the Photopost FAQ forum here there is a cookie tutorial. Your PhotoPost and UBB thread cookies should be set to the same thing meaning what your telling me that your ubbthreads needs to be the same. If your logging in no cookie is created that is being read sounds like your cookie settings are wrong.

These are the cookies we look for in Photopost right from the threads7 integration file.

$cookuser = $Globals['cookieprefix']."ubbt_myid";
$cookhash = $Globals['cookieprefix']."ubbt_mysess";
$cookpass = $Globals['cookieprefix']."ubbt_key";

Therefore what you need to do is login through the forum see what cookies are created and then clear cookies for your site and then login through the gallery and see the cookies created and compare.

A good browser for this is Mozilla. I can look at it if you send details.

dev01
January 6th, 2014, 02:36 PM
Hi Chuck,

Thanks for your response. You were correct, the pp cookie domain cookie setting was wrong.

I must of misunderstood the documentation regarding how this applies to subdomains, since the setting was set to .mydomain.com but after changing it to .photos.mydomain.com appeared to fix the login problem.

Thanks!

Chuck S
January 6th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Not a problem all depends on your particular setup but .mydomain.com should work for all domains especially if your setup is photos.mydomain.com and forum.mydomain.com.

In that instance you set cookies in both apps to mydomian.com