PDA

View Full Version : any license issues when changing web domain and server?

Vinterlord
January 3rd, 2014, 05:22 AM
Sorry if this topic was already covered but I searched in the forum before posting, and I got no results about license issues of this situation.

Anyway, I'm going to change web domain and server and I would like to know what will happen to my photopost license since it could be associated only to one web domain, isn't it?
It is possibile to change the association of my license with the new web domain?

Of course the actual website will be completely cloned to the new web domain and server, all contents in the old web domain will be moved exactly how they look like to the new one.

Chuck S
January 3rd, 2014, 09:33 AM
That is easy. You can move your site to another server and update things that is covered here how to.

http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130048

Now the only thing you have to do is update your members area and type in the new url the gallery is installed on. That's about it.

You can not have multiple installs operational and only have one license that is the regulation. ;)

Vinterlord
January 29th, 2014, 11:54 AM
it is possible to have photopost pro in multilanguage? Or I can only choose the preferred language in the admin panel?

If no, can I install two or more times photopost pro in my web domain where each installation has a different language? maybe there are some problem with the license?

Chuck S
January 29th, 2014, 12:07 PM
The language is a global setting mostly because of all the integrations we use how would we ever know what languages the forum use we only support specific ones.

I can look at adding in 8.5 the ability for the user to set the language via a dropdown menu maybe in the menubar and set a cookie. If that cookie is present in the browser that would allow choice of the supported languages our application has. I could even add a profile option to set the default language a user wants as a profile option.

You can not install multiple copies of PhotoPost on one domain as that clearly is a violation of your license agreement.

http://www.photopost.com/phplicense.html

Just for your clarification as I know you have seen it before since it is right on the order page ;)

Chuck S
January 29th, 2014, 01:17 PM
I almost got this wrapped up for 8.5 Beta 1 and will post it when done ;)

Vinterlord
January 29th, 2014, 04:07 PM
ok thank you very much Chuck!

Chuck S
January 29th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Yeah I am going to release the initial beta tonight as a starting point.