View Full Version : problem upgrading to 8.4.1 in VBuletin 4.2.1
August 27th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Following your instructions in the "upgrade" document, I have deleted the upgrade.php file.
But I cannot go to admin panel because this: For security reasons, please remove the install directory from your server before proceeding.
But If I remove this directory I cannot generate the pluging xml file,
Note: VB5 integration is OFF and VB3 too
August 27th, 2013, 08:31 AM
If you are properly installed logged into vbulletin you should be able to go to your gallery admin. You message your talking about is only shown on the index.php script of the gallery nowhere else.
I beleive the instructions state you can delete the install directory after you generate the xml. What version are you upgrading from that you need to generate an xml to vb? Reason I ask is the last two versions have nothing to do with vb4.
I know it works as I am running 8.41 so we need to get into your site and figure out what is the issue.
August 27th, 2013, 08:47 AM
I upgrading from 8.3
When I try to logging in adm-index.php the script redirect me to index.php and I get the message above "...remove the install directory..." And that is why I cannot generate the xml because I cannot login in adm gallery without deleting install directory
August 27th, 2013, 08:53 AM
I followed this steps from your upgrade.txt archive
1. Download and unzip the latest build from the Members Area.
1) Upload all files - except config-inc.php unless you modified them from the ZIP file - to your server. You also do not need to upload header.htm or footer.htm if you modified those as well. If you are upgraded your forum to vbulletin 5 and upgrading Photopost as well to support vbulletin 5 please read below the vb5 note.
If you are upgrading from a version before 8.3 release you will need to replace your config-inc.php and config-int.php files with ones you edited with your information or add variables that where added to the config in 8.3 before you continue.
3) Run http://www.yoursite.com/gallery/install/upgrade.php and depending on your version, run any necessary upgrades.
4) When done with upgrades, remove the upgrade.php file.
5. For SEO rename the HTACCESS file to .htaccess
6) You are done!
IMPORTANT - FOR VBULLETIN 4 ONLY. New plugins included in download.
In the install directory set permissions on the file product_pppro.xml, source-vb4.xml and source-vb42.xml files to 777
2. Go to your photopost admin panel ( http://www.yoursite.com/gallery/adm-index.php )and hit the option to generate vbulletin plugin xml. That file will download to your computer.
I cannot do it: I need to delete INSTALL DIRECTORY before
(in this directory is the .xml files necesary to do the next step)
3. Go into your vbulletin admin panel and under plugins & products select the option to manage products. You can then use the add/import product option and upload the xml file you downloaded to your computer called product_pppro.xml file. Once that is done your forum will show gallery content.
4. Thats it your done!!
August 27th, 2013, 10:32 AM
You can login in your forum login box and if your installed correctly when you hit our admin area you will not have to login again. I think you have something installled wrong if you can not get into admin and I can take a look if you want. I just need the details sent through contact us link.
As noted you can see the link above is 4.21 so I have tested with my own site already. 8.3 series has been out for along time now. The 8.4 has had nothing to do with vb as noted.
August 27th, 2013, 04:31 PM
I am looged in VB Admin CP and manually I put the admin Photopost URL then the PP sistem ask me the loging again and after the error message.
If I delete o rename the install directory the admin URL redirect to album index
What do you need to test it?
August 27th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Well usually url admin login and ftp so I can check settings and files.
Obviously the first things I would check are that cookies are set correct matching between both applications and the vb license number has been entered in the photopost config.
August 28th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Data Sent to your Contat Us form
August 28th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Not a problem will check that out for you.
August 28th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Your actual issue is your cookie prefix is incorrect. I did a test on my site.
You most likely have the cookie prefix entered as bb whereas in later vbulletins it is actually bb_
August 28th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Thank you very much for your fast support and your patience with me!
You are a great professional
August 28th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Yep took me to login to see your issue. Pretty well figured it but comparing your forum cookies to your gallery cookies sealed the deal. ;)
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.