PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Branding free option.

Ocean44
August 8th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Hi -

I've been running vB Gallery and I am considering moving my gallery to PhotoPost Pro. If I do that, I will uninstall my vB Gallery for which I purchased the Branding Free option.
Will it be possible to transfer my branding free option off of Vb Gallery over to a new PhotoPost license?

Chuck S
August 8th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Branding Free is tied to the license you bought so if this is tied to your PhotoPost Pro license which you could have installed vbGallery and or Pro then if you move to Pro you should be able to run that Brand Free with no issue in a normal situation. Your situation is not quite normal though.

You can ask customer service this very question through the contact us link on our site so they can answer accordingly. Provided that brand free option was purchased from us I do not think that would be a problem since all they would be doing is removing that option from one license to another but they have the final call on that. This is not something I could answer from the support forums. I do know you would actually have to purchase a PhotoPost Pro license because if I look up the license tied to this forum account it is an old vbGallery license only. Therefore to be able to run Pro you would need to buy a Pro license.

Ocean44
August 8th, 2013, 03:42 PM
OK, thanks for the info. Hopefully I won't need to buy a 2nd 'branding free' for the same domain.
I will write the contact form for the final call.

Chuck S
August 8th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Yeah I doubt they will make you buy a new branding free as that should be able to be moved to another license. You will however definately need to buy a PhotoPost Pro license for sure.

We offered customers like 7 years ago an option when the licensing for vbGallery was merged to Pro with one price point a one time offer back then to convert their vbGallery only license which was purchased elsewhere to convert it for a lower fee but that offer has passed many many years ago.