PDA

View Full Version : Help with Photopost Gallery Upgrade

rammbs
July 7th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade our PPGallery from 5.3, vBulletin 3.8 to 8.31, vBulletin 4.2.1. And just recently purchase a license.

We have already upgraded vBulletin to 4.2.1. Both PPGallery and vBulletin are using the same database.

I'm kinda stump on what to do next. Any help is appreciated.

Attached is a screenshot of our current version.

When I run the upgrade script I get the following error:

Warning: mysqli_connect() [function.mysqli-connect]: Premature end of data (mysqlnd_wireprotocol.c:553) in /xxx/xxx/gallery/install/upgrade.php on line 153

Warning: mysqli_connect() [function.mysqli-connect]: OK packet 1 bytes shorter than expected in /xxx/xxx/gallery/install/upgrade.php on line 153

Warning: mysqli_connect() [function.mysqli-connect]: (HY000/2000): mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_existing_password'). This will store a new, and more secure, hash value in mysql.user. If this user is used in other scripts executed by PHP 5.2 or earlier you might need to remove the old-passwords flag from your my.cnf file in /xxx/xxx/public_html/gallery/install/upgrade.php on line 153
I cannot connect to the PhotoPost MySQL server. [host:$host][mysql_user:$mysql_user][mysql_password:$mysql_password]. Check your config-inc.php for the correct settings and rerun.

rammbs
July 7th, 2013, 09:40 PM
I apologize ahead if this is not the right category. Please move it if needed.

Chuck S
July 7th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Possible your mysqli is not setup right or something wrong with how you are doing the upgrade.

Basically if you have copied over the config fields for sqltype etc try setting it to mysql not mysqli and see if you can upgrade.

rammbs
July 8th, 2013, 12:59 AM
Thank you, Chuck! That did the trick. I was able to upgrade/install!

I also was able to find solutions on most of the problems that came up after. :)

2 last things please...

1. How can I get to be a verified customer?
2. I'm getting a "You are not a valid administrator or moderator!"

rammbs
July 8th, 2013, 01:14 AM
I fixed the admin login problem. The insert statement, I found below, did not work for me the first time. Because it was missing another entry for the last field (should be 15 total)

original:
INSERT INTO pp_usergroups VALUES (6,'Administrator',1,1,1,1,'','','',1,1,1,0,0);

added one more ",0" at the end:
INSERT INTO pp_usergroups VALUES (6,'Administrator',1,1,1,1,'','','',1,1,1,0,0,0);

Thanks!!! You are a great asset here!

Chuck S
July 8th, 2013, 08:34 AM
We do not issue an insert query like so with Pro gallery to vbulletin so not sure what your talking about. The insert query for groups is in the vb3.php file around line 614

$setug = ppmysql_query("INSERT INTO {$Globals['pp_db_prefix']}usergroups (groupid,groupname,modaccess,cpaccess,uploads,uplimit,comments,diskspace,uploadsize,editpho,editposts,useralbums,reqmod,canassign,captcha)
VALUES('$gid','$name','$modaccess','$cpaccess','$uploads','$uplimit','$comments','$diskspace','$uploadsize','$editpho','$editposts','$useralbums','$reqmod','$canassign','$captcha')", $link);

That is nothing like what your posting. More than likely on step 4 you had not entered the proper forum database table prefix so that your user groups could be imported. That would be my guess.

As far as support forum verification thats easy there is a sticky at the top of every support forum on this. Essentially you want to make sure the forum account email your using is the same as the email that is associated with your license and your account here would become verfied.

rammbs
July 8th, 2013, 12:23 PM
I was able to fix the problem in my first post by doing what you suggested. Using mysql instead of mysqli. Thanks for that!

I have had some problems after which I found the answers via search. Which explains the insert statement. I should have explained it further. Sorry for confusing you.

I'm still getting this error

Warning: mysql_fetch_row() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /xxx/xxx/public_html/gallery/pp-inc.php

Which I think the page "vBulletin Installation/Integration Common Issues and Resolutions" will solve.

As for the verification, I have updated my email to be the same one I used when I bought the license.

Thanks!!!

Chuck S
July 8th, 2013, 12:42 PM
You need to give me some more info here because you did not list the line number of the error.

I think number 5 on that FAQ is your issue not having the right vb table prefix specified. Without seeing the actual install and looking around that would be my best guess here.

rammbs
July 8th, 2013, 01:12 PM
I sent an email using the "Contact Us" form. Thank you again!

Please let me know if you need anymore information or access.

-Ram
vBulletin 4.2.1
PPGallery 8.3
PHP 5.3.26
Mysql 5.5.30

rammbs
July 8th, 2013, 01:36 PM
I do have 2 fields required during registration. Will this have any impact?

Chuck S
July 8th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/z90re0/public_html/gallery/forums/vb3.php on line 69

Yes that line number confirms what I have already said. This was not some straight install for sure because your table prefix is wrong. I would suggest you upload the install directory run through an install to correct any information that might be wrong for instance the vbulletin mysql table prefix is different now on your site so on the config portion make sure your connecting to the right vb database and on step 4 make sure to enter where asked the proper vb mysql table prefix.

That will resolve your error. you need to upload the install folder anyway as you have not finished the upgrade procedure based off the documentation as you did not install any of the plugins for vb4 noted in the upgrade document.

rammbs
July 8th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Understood! I will do as you suggested and report back.

Thanks,
Ram

Chuck S
July 8th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Yes that will resolve your issue as line 69 of vb3.php is where we try and grab the user info

$results = $db['fetch_array']($queryv);

That tells me specifically that is indeed your error as we can not query the vb database so it can only be one of two things. Wrong forum database info entered on config or wrong prefix on step 4 entered of install.

Since this was an install I would suspect when you upgraded the vb forum you choose to put it in a different database and or use a different table prefix.

rammbs
July 8th, 2013, 11:44 PM
Correct! I decided to move it to its own database. My vbulletin db does not have a table prefix. The ppgallery does have the table prefix "pp_".

For the sake of getting rid of the warnings, I decided to drop all the tables and start from scratch.

The install finished without any problem or warning. Cleared cache and cookies.

What's weird is that in Firefox (22.0) and Chrome (27.0.1453.116), I'm still getting the warning error:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /xxx/xxx/public_html/gallery/forums/vb3.php on line 69

But it is NOT showing in IE 10.0.9.9200.16618.

I was able to do the last part of the install process for vb4

Emailed you the login info again.

edit:
I forgot to mention a few more details:
1. The warning is there when the user is not logged in.
2. The warning goes away if the user is an admin

3. You get a different warning if a regular user logged in

Warning: mysql_fetch_row() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /xxx/xxx/public_html/gallery/pp-inc.php on line 5034

4. usergroups have been imported, that means vb integration is working

rammbs
July 9th, 2013, 01:49 AM
After playing around with cookies. The warning below went away.

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /xxx/xxx/public_html/gallery/forums/vb3.php on line 69

This one still persist after logging in

Warning: mysql_fetch_row() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /xxx/xxx/public_html/gallery/pp-inc.php on line 5034

Chuck S
July 9th, 2013, 08:11 AM
The errors tell me I am correct here I can not give another answer. Either your table prefix is incorrect for the forum or you have incorrectly specified the proper database information for the forum where asked on install.

Your site does not display any errors nor does it though have any usergroups inserted and the vb plugins are not installed so the install looks to not be fully completed. You would need to send access so that I can see your database tables so I can peek at them.