PDA

View Full Version : Xenforo

kefallon
April 13th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Anyone experience of transferring pictures from vbulletin database gallery or the files transferred during import to xenforo and how they are loaded into photopost 8.3 which appears to have full integration wit xF now???
Asking because i will purchase if it is easy to tranfer my existing stored albums

Chuck S
April 13th, 2013, 10:07 AM
If you are using PhotoPost Pro with your vBulletin and want to switch to Xenforo then you will follow whatever import procedures you have to follow for the forum because there is no import that has to be done with the gallery. Your import is your forum going to xenforo. Xenforo should have information on any import procedures to go to there product.

Once you do your forum import this is what you will do to your photopost pro gallery.

1. Clear the usergroups table for photopost

2. Run the install script for photopost and reinstall the gallery to integrate with xenforo.

3. Download from the photopost imports forum the userfix.php script and run that in your photopost directory to fix any userid's on photos and comments that the forum importer might have changed on import. They are known to do that. ;)

You should have a functioning gallery integrated with xenforo after that. I know we have posted this info search on "switch integration" you will see thats what we posted for users switching to vbulletin for years. The same applies when switching to any forum from another forum.

kefallon
April 13th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Chuck, i have already moved to xF and my pictures have come across in a vBulletin 4 imported data area i can see but not public, i have also kept old vbulletin database and folders.
I am not using Photopost yet was using native VB albums before move
Just trying to find best way to import them into photopost.
Can PM log in data if it helps??

Chuck S
April 13th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the clarification.

Our product has nothing to do with vBulletin Albums. There is no import script for that. The only importers we have ever written are for direct commercial competitive gallery scripts like ours.

I can not speak of what the Xenforo Importer does.

You would install PhotoPost and create whatever categories or albums you wish. We can bulk upload if things are stored in specific folders for each user and say process those images bulk by folder into whatever categories or albums you wish.

The forum importers and what they do are kind of outside our products control. Are these images saved in folders based on userid or anything. That is about the only question I would have to tell you how bring them into the gallery.

Technically your starting fresh because you never had our product integrated with your forum.

Chuck S
April 13th, 2013, 10:11 PM
I thought of one way you could do things that might work for you.

There is a beta script a user posted here for vbGallery

http://www.photopost.com/forum/vbgallery-import-scripts/144994-very-beta-import-vb4-albums-vbgallery-3-a.html

You could do this in theory.

Once you get your license use that script to import your albums into a clean test vbGallery install you setup.

Once that is all done and your content is in vbGallery you can setup Pro integrated with xenforo if its all on the same server and use this script below to import vbGallery data into Pro

http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-pro-import-scripts/133564-photopost-vbgallery-photopost-pro-import-script.html

Once you have the content imported into Pro delete the vbGallery install and your vbulletin and what you will have left is xenforo and Pro.

You will most likely need to run this script below after imports for everything are done as your forum import will probally change userid's this should refind the new ones based off the usernames

http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-pro-import-scripts/115240-reassign-userids-when-switching-integrations-vbulletin.html

Chuck S
April 16th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Let me know if you have any questions about what I posted above.

Peter
April 17th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Is there a demo I can see of PP and XF working ?
Is there notes or something to know exactly what does the integration offer ?

Thanks.

Chuck S
April 17th, 2013, 07:29 PM
There are examples in many threads here on the subject as there are lots of xenforo threads recently.

A community photo gallery - My Photo Gallery (http://www.omegatron.net/gallery)

It offers the same level of integration we currently support with vBulletin 4.