PDA

View Full Version : Support emails going through?

kernel
April 4th, 2013, 03:21 PM
PhotoPost Staff: I've been trying to get in touch with someone from tech support. I have sent an email a few times about my forum username not being verified (cannot view content meant for unverified members), and about the inc_features.php file that no longer comes with the latest version of PhotoPost (how do I add featured photos like in past version?).

If someone would get back to me on this, that'd be great.

Thanks.

Chuck S
April 4th, 2013, 03:31 PM
We get email so it all depends where you sending things. Have you used the contact us link in the header?

As far as verification to receive support that is explained by this thread posted in 2005.

PhotoPost Community - Announcements in Forum : PhotoPost Announcements (http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-announcements/announcements.html)

I would assume either your access to receive support has expired or your email on the forum does not match the email on a valid license with current members access.

The file your referring to is an old vb3 file made for vb3 like 10 years ago which is EOL thus the file is not part of the package anymore. There are plugins to acheive that type of thing with vb4.

The mod forums has different photo block examples if your trying to do stuff outside our application with other forums.

I can not answer your question without a more direct example of what your trying to do. Your old inc_features.php file should still work for vb3 if thats what your using.

If you deleted your old file for vb3 you can try renaming this to a php file and use this old file.

Chuck S
April 4th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Your issue is as posted. You own like 7 licenses all of which are expired except one. That means sure you can update your Marshall Amp Forum - MarshallForum.com (http://www.marshallforum.com/) site and your forum block shows so you need to do nothing.

I do show you have broken your gallery because you do not have the proper forum database info.

If you want your forum account here to be verified for support you simply have to change the email on your forum account to the email that is associated with your one license that has support members access.

kernel
April 4th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Fixed the database issue at MF.com. Also changed my email address to the appropriate one.

I'm trying to add the featured photos mod on this newly created vB3 forum (just like you saw on MF.com), and this is what I did and want to know if it'll still work with the current PhotoPost version:

1.) Go to your Gallery root, and edit inc_features.php and UNCOMMENT the following: "$link" and "mysql_select_db" in line 26, and enter PhotoPost database info there. Then scroll all the way to the bottom and under "If you use PhotoPost in a seperate database from vB...", uncomment "mysql_select_db..." and enter the vB database name.

2.) Go to your vB Admin Panel > Plugins & Products > Download/Upload Plugins > Search for file photopost-plugin.xml and Import. (I still have this xml file)

3.) Go to vB Admin Panel > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Forum Home Templates > FORUMHOME > and add the following under "$header" and "$navbar": $photopostfeature

Please confirm.

Chuck S
April 4th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Yes that looks to be about right.

I do not see any other active licenses for you so not sure what the comment is on a newly created vb3 site your doing. Do not see any sites other than the one that are licensed to use 8.3