PDA

View Full Version : VbGallery and PHP 5.4 Support

0ptima
March 24th, 2013, 03:28 PM
IB will be releasing a version of vBulletin 3.8 that supports PHP 5.4. Will vbGallery be updated to support PHP 5.4?

Chuck S
March 24th, 2013, 05:32 PM
I do not have an answer yet on the status of vbGallery or further development of that product at this time. Nothing has been started as of yet I can say that. I just finished wrapping up vb5 support for PhotoPost Pro and Classifieds as well as some other stuff. I am working on ReviewPost. Once all that settles down we will have time to figure the status of vbGallery as a product.

0ptima
March 24th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Are you the only one working on photopost products? What is Michael working on?

Chuck S
March 24th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Michael has had a full time job elsewhere for many years and only did part time work for us for quite a few years. Michael has not been with the company for 6 months.

It took a year and a half to code a new version of vbGallery for vb4. I have already posted elsewhere but there are no current plans to code a vb5 compatible vbgallery.

0ptima
March 24th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Michael has had a full time job elsewhere for many years and only did part time work for us for quite a few years. Michael has not been with the company for 6 months.

It took a year and a half to code a new version of vbGallery for vb4. I have already posted elsewhere but there are no current plans to code a vb5 compatible vbgallery.

Then I hope that vbGallery for VB3 and VB4 get PHP 5.4 updates soon.

Chuck S
March 24th, 2013, 08:16 PM
I would have to see what the changes are between 5.4 and 5.3 series as I beleive we made lots of changes like getting rid of ereg and eregi and use preg_replace instead etc.