PDA

View Full Version : Mod Forums

rodchiod
March 1st, 2013, 03:00 PM
I am a licensed user.
Why can't I access the Mod Forums?

OK, read the message from Chuck in announcements.
Waiting for cron ......

Chuck S
March 1st, 2013, 05:21 PM
Yes you must be a verified customer meaning your support access has to be current.

rodchiod
March 1st, 2013, 05:35 PM
When cron ran I got in (but don't see the "verified"
Thanx

Chuck S
March 1st, 2013, 06:20 PM
You show as verified to me.

felixjsc
March 21st, 2013, 08:28 PM
I am a licensed user.
Why can't I access the Mod Forums()?

OK, read the message from Chuck in announcements.
Waiting for cron ......
Do you confirm an e-mail from your registered E-mail?

Chuck S
March 21st, 2013, 09:07 PM
One owned license comes with one year access to the members area for updates and product support. If your support access has expired you would renew members access. If you do that and your access is current to be a verified customer the forum email used here must be the email on your active license.

0ptima
March 25th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Yes you must be a verified customer meaning your support access has to be current.

I should be able to at least view and post in the threads for the mods I contributed on the forums.

http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129643

The forums would be a lot more active if it were not so restrictive.

Chuck S
March 25th, 2013, 08:52 PM
The problem is the mod forums are an added benefit there specifically for verified customers. They have never been open to the public.

There is no special vb setting that says you can have access if you posted the thread. It follows the category usergroup permissions.

0ptima
March 25th, 2013, 09:12 PM
The problem is the mod forums are an added benefit there specifically for verified customers. They have never been open to the public.

There is no special vb setting that says you can have access if you posted the thread. It follows the category usergroup permissions.

Why are members who did not pay for a renewal (When was the last time VBGallery got an update?) no longer considered a verified customer? You have all my forum info and know that I own more than one VBgallery license.

Chuck S
March 25th, 2013, 09:31 PM
once a determination on vbgallery has been made it will be posted. I would suspect end of life with the introduction of vb5. I have been suggesting most convert to pro since it is a way better product and tons more features. There have been lots of vbgallery customers converting in the last year or so.

As far as the verification process here it has not changed at minimum 8 years which is when I posted the verified customer status thread.

You get one year members access and support when purchasing a license. You have a choose to renew or not we do not make people renew.

Support and mods have been locked to only verified customers for a long time this is nothing new here.

0ptima
March 25th, 2013, 09:52 PM
once a determination on vbgallery has been made it will be posted. I would suspect end of life with the introduction of vb5. I have been suggesting most convert to pro since it is a way better product and tons more features. There have been lots of vbgallery customers converting in the last year or so.

So basically if I wanted to update my free mods on this site, I would have to pay a renewal fee for a product that is "suspect end of life"?

You get one year members access and support when purchasing a license. You have a choose to renew or not we do not make people renew.

So now you're saying you support all the 3rd party mods on this site?

Support and mods have been locked to only verified customers for a long time this is nothing new here.

So after a year, you lose all the customer info on customers who dont renew?

Chuck S
March 26th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Listen the policies here have been this from day one just because you choose to not renew your access does not mean I can circumvent the company policies. I was already nice enough to turn off captcha because that makes sense on expired license holders since we know there are not spammers.

Let us be clear here so there is no confusion because it seems your talking some leaps and bounds here in the logic with some of your comments.

If you are some regular guy off the street or your expired that means you are not a verified current customer. It does not mean your not a past customer. You may own an older version of the software you may be running it but your not entitled to support in any manner. You know this I know you do.

Only verified license holders have access to the support and mod forums. This does not mean we support mods nor does it mean we lose customer information.

This type of setup is used almost everywhere. People who do not have access to certain areas are locked from posting. Now most places leave the forums visible to show users there is more there. We do the same thats why you can see them there. If you go to post you can not and any code blocks etc are blocked so that you can not see them.

0ptima
March 26th, 2013, 08:43 PM
This type of setup is used almost everywhere. People who do not have access to certain areas are locked from posting. Now most places leave the forums visible to show users there is more there. We do the same thats why you can see them there. If you go to post you can not and any code blocks etc are blocked so that you can not see them.

Both vBulletin and Invision Power allow people who posted mods to update them even if they dont have an active license. This is a win win situation for everyone.

People who have active licenses win as they can download mods that are continuously updated even if the mod author is not have an active license. I dont see mod authors paying a renewal fee simply to update one of their mods that has a security exploit.

Photopost wins as more people will actually visit the forums and may renew their license just to get an update to a mod.

As I type this, there are more spammers logged in than members (not counting Chuck). Photopost should re-think their policies in order to have customers come back and engage with others on the forums. I hope something is done so there are more customers than spammers logged in to the forums.

Chuck S
March 26th, 2013, 08:51 PM
You should be able to edit your mod post