PDA

View Full Version : Pinterest-like

Hummie
February 15th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Are there any plans for a new Photopost that is more "Pinterest-like?"

I am seeing some in our community moving to new galleries like Pinterest, but I would rather stick with Photopost because I know I can trust it.

Particularly, repinning/liking something that is uploaded, which would be expanding the "favorites" so people could easily find their favorites and people whose images are favorited would be able to see who liked their image.

I don't think it would take much to change up what we already have. For instance, having the categories on a drop down at the top of every page rather than just at the bottom of home page.

Chuck S
February 15th, 2013, 01:44 PM
The categories are shown on the sidebar if your using the new version not an older one and using the new display type. Adding a dropdown would not be hard or out of the question in the future.

Our product will never be pinterest or facebook I will say that much. We would have to get rid of almost all the features and integrations people buy the product for to totally redesign the product to be very simplistic nothing more than a photo viewer which is what those products are. If we only had to develop the software to work on one server setup our own we could do whatever we want but our product needs to work on most setups.

With that said we did add in PP8 alot of social integration buttons where you can add images to facebook pinterest etc.

We will as always work on adding new features and design change just like PP8 added lots of new stuff people liked as long as it all works with the core design of the product which is an online photo community software that integrates with 25 different products.