PDA

View Full Version : New vBulletin integration with established PhotoPost Pro Site

bdub
December 29th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Is it possible to integrate a new vBulletin installation with an established PhotoPost Pro site?

My PhotoPost installation has been active for many years. I would now like to create a forum on the same site. Is the integration possible?

If so, what would be the recommended steps to take?

Chuck S
December 29th, 2012, 07:39 PM
well you can install vbulletin. You would then have to use the vbulletin impex script to import your photopost users into vbulletin. You can then delete the pp_usergroups table and then run the install script and reinstall to integrate with vbulletin and things should work fine.

This information is found generically through the site under the search term "switch integration".

It is a little complicated but it can be done just requires some work on your part.

Chuck S
December 31st, 2012, 09:38 AM
http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-product-faqs/145397-photopost-pro-vbulletin-xenforo-conversion.html

Not exactly vbulletin but same basic steps to follow outlined as a guide let me know if there is anything else.

bdub
January 1st, 2013, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the link. Reading it make me break out in a cold sweat. :confused:

What is/are the benefit(s) of having the two scripts integrated? Is it only that the logins are simultaneous?

Chuck S
January 1st, 2013, 11:30 AM
well it is the fact that you have one login not two separate logins as well as automatic header footer and style integration so that everything looks like it belongs together.

Chuck S
January 2nd, 2013, 03:49 PM
This is really not as difficult as you think.

1. You install vbulletin.

2. You run the vb impex script to import the photopost users

3. you flush the pp_usergroups table in phpmyadmin

4. you reinstall the gallery to integrate with vbulletin.

We offer this service for users whom do not want to do it. It is the photopost install service which is $59.00 and you can email us for a custom forum install which is $70.00. You will find vbulletin charges like $160.00 to install there product.

Chuck S
February 1st, 2013, 08:08 AM
PhotoPost Community - Announcements in Forum : Before You Buy (http://www.photopost.com/forum/before-you-buy/announcements.html)

If you wish to post for support then follow that post.