PDA

View Full Version : renewed access just to see blocked 'verified' content

xtremetoonz
December 2nd, 2012, 09:20 AM
How is it possible this is STILL not automated and I have to wait for up to a day for it to be manually affected in the forums?

I dont even care to download an update--but it would be nice if you could update the 'verified' status, which always shows. come on guys... 10 years and the same crappy verification process.

xtremetoonz
December 2nd, 2012, 12:48 PM
How is it possible this is STILL not automated and I have to wait for up to a day for it to be manually affected in the forums?

I dont even care to download an update--but it would be nice if you could update the 'verified' status, which always shows. come on guys... 10 years and the same crappy verification process.

So you updated the member area where I can download stuff---but you've removed the verified membership group from my forum login.

PhotoPost License Number is filled out as it always has been under the forum profile options.

I'd appreciate a response and fix to this--immediately.

Chuck S
December 2nd, 2012, 12:58 PM
Bank's require the validation of all processed internet transactions. The way we do things is how any major internet ordering works even vbulletin. That is why all orders whether it is ebay, hsn, amazon there is always a percentage of time where your order says being processed before anything is shipped etc. Everyone validates your stuff before processing the actual order. That is definately not new to anywhere because fraud is very high in the industry.

Now the reason your not verified has nothing to do with the ordering process and everything to do with the fact that your forum login here is not associated with any license.

PhotoPost Community - Announcements in Forum : PhotoPost Announcements (http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-announcements/announcements.html)

This is at the top of every single forum here and is the reason your not verified which is something you do.

I searched the license database for any licenses for the email tied to this account and there are none so that is why your not verified. I could not check if customer service has processed any renewal as I do not know who you are.

xtremetoonz
December 2nd, 2012, 01:05 PM
Bank validation is instant. My vbulletin license was instant 3 days ago when I updated for vb5. Amazon ordering is nearly shipped out the door before it hits my credit card.

Those processes are automated. The process that you guys have used and continue to use, seems to require someone to manually validate it. I could see the need on a new account--but come on... established accounts are very low risk to automate.

I really wish you would have read my second post thoroughly before responding. I've been, and have been a verified forum member. I posted in the forum earlier, it still showed properly. When my member are was updated to show the new expiration of license access, I was migrated back to 'member' in the forum.

My profile still has my license number in it, and I have no access to content.

Bank's require the validation of all processed internet transactions. The way we do things is how any major internet ordering works even vbulletin. That is why all orders whether it is ebay, hsn, amazon there is always a percentage of time where your order says being processed before anything is shipped etc. Everyone validates your stuff before processing the actual order. That is definately not new to anywhere because fraud is very high in the industry.

Now the reason your not verified has nothing to do with the ordering process and everything to do with the fact that your forum login here is not associated with any license.

PhotoPost Community - Announcements in Forum : PhotoPost Announcements (http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-announcements/announcements.html)

This is at the top of every single forum here and is the reason your not verified which is something you do.

I searched the license database for any licenses for the email tied to this account and there are none so that is why your not verified. I could not check if customer service has processed any renewal as I do not know who you are.

Chuck S
December 2nd, 2012, 01:23 PM
I order from Amazon, Ebay and even vBulletin the process is not instant. It took 24 hours for my vb5 purchase. It is usually a couple hours which is about the same as us which is exactly what I was pointing out. All those placed guaranteed have order processors who validate the order by hand before it is sent to be filled. Does not matter if the process takes one minute it still happens a human verifies the order. That is a bank requirement. Instant means it is out the door or completed once you hit submit which is not the case anywhere I know of.

Not I would suggest you read what I wrote as you seem to suggest I did not respond with the proper answer. By the way your second post came in when I was already posted but my answer is still the same.

I posted the link to how you are verified in the support forums.

Verication as noted in the announcement posted by me has to do any profile fields it has to do with your forum email has to match your license email for a valid license that has support.

You are not verified because the email on your forum account is not an email on any valid photopost license. I hope that clarifies this issue for you.

Chuck S
December 2nd, 2012, 01:30 PM
The issue here is who is steve at notbusy dot com ;)

I know your saying your a long 10 year photopost customer so am I but the issue here is there is no licensed photopost customer with any licenses under that email which is the heart of your issue.

That is why you are not verified. I still have no idea who you are. Your not SirSteve the guy who has the action figure site right. That is the only Steve I know off the top of my head.

xtremetoonz
December 2nd, 2012, 01:57 PM
I order from Amazon, Ebay and even vBulletin the process is not instant. It took 24 hours for my vb5 purchase. It is usually a couple hours which is about the same as us which is exactly what I was pointing out. All those placed guaranteed have order processors who validate the order by hand before it is sent to be filled. Does not matter if the process takes one minute it still happens a human verifies the order. That is a bank requirement. Instant means it is out the door or completed once you hit submit which is not the case anywhere I know of.

Not I would suggest you read what I wrote as you seem to suggest I did not respond with the proper answer. By the way your second post came in when I was already posted but my answer is still the same.

I posted the link to how you are verified in the support forums.

Verication as noted in the announcement posted by me has to do any profile fields it has to do with your forum email has to match your license email for a valid license that has support.

You are not verified because the email on your forum account is not an email on any valid photopost license. I hope that clarifies this issue for you.

I'm extremely frustrated by your lack of help here.. you're killing me... just fix it.

I updated my email to one that works in the forums. Amazingly enough, you dont allow that option inside the license/member area for whatever reason. Given that I'd had both matching even after it updated in the member area and I still had not been migrated--I decided to update my forum account so I could actually see thread updates. You can't tell me to self serve, if the areas that need to have updates or contain matching information can't be updated by me.

If you'd actually like to provide some customer service, fix my account, move me manually into a group that can see the stupid blocked content--please do it. I've done all I can here, and I'm really fed up dealing with this crap every time I happen to need to see some old content or upgrade to a different version. It doesn't matter what I have in whatever field, it's always something, and it's always the customer's fault right?

If you can't or don't want to help, I'll contact the credit card dispute the payment--this is just ridiculous.

xtremetoonz
December 2nd, 2012, 02:00 PM
The issue here is who is steve at notbusy dot com ;)

I know your saying your a long 10 year photopost customer so am I but the issue here is there is no licensed photopost customer with any licenses under that email which is the heart of your issue.

That is why you are not verified. I still have no idea who you are. Your not SirSteve the guy who has the action figure site right. That is the only Steve I know off the top of my head.

I dont know sirsteve... the old address that doesnt forward is steve @ acmecargo dot c o.m

And no, the heart of the issue is the backward-antiquated system that's been here since 2002. I'm honestly surprised its not still python or perl.

Chuck S
December 2nd, 2012, 03:12 PM
I properly answered your question in my very first post to you. In fact it took 5 posts of your rants and raves to even find our who you even are. I have fixed your account here now that you actually told me who you are. I even said in my first response to you I have no idea who you are. You just kept on posting fix my issue fix my issue all while not even giving any information to assist you.

I would suggest you really go back and read my first response to you. You would have saved yourself alot of headaches here. My first post pointed out the announcement on how to become verified which is at the top of every forum.

Very simply it states whatever forum login you have here must have the email set to the same email of a license on file with the company so you can be a verified member for support.

There would be no way for me to assist you with something I do not have the info about. It is not till the 8th post of this thread you even gave up any info that I could assist you with. ;)