PDA

View Full Version : remove subscriptions to categories for all members?

b6gm6n
October 16th, 2012, 07:28 AM
i need to remove all category subscriptions for uploads notifications etc for all members, can i do this with some sql? please advise, cheers

Chuck S
October 16th, 2012, 08:29 AM
If you want to remove all subscriptions you would just delete all the records under the notify table.

Othwerwise say to remove all category subscriptions not photo descriptions from say category 502 as an example the query would look like this

DELETE FROM pp_notify WHERE photo=502 AND type=1

b6gm6n
October 16th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Thanks Chuck.. my host changed something or i just went over a 1000 emails an hour... i got 144 back non-delivered and seeing them all they were just photo upload notifications... i needed to stop that as i removed the subscribe to gallery option on my gallery-pages, anyhew cheers

Chuck S
October 16th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Yeah if you want to remove notifications then it is as simple as

DELETE FROM pp_notify

Chuck S
October 17th, 2012, 02:11 PM
By the way you can also turn off globally the notification to users in your Admin Options.

There is also in the users photopost profile the ability to where you can remove a specific users notifications subscriptions you as admin would see those just like the user would.

We just do not have a global delete all notifications switch in the app. That is kinda like a delete all photos or comments link no real reason thus far to have one.