PDA

View Full Version : photo uploading error

kysales
October 1st, 2012, 01:38 AM
I read several other post on subjects related to this issue.

When I use photopost gallery I get upload errors with large files.

I use gd library and if I resize the photo to something not to large, it uploads and creates a nice thumbnail image 117 x 78 and a photo large image of 600 x 400 . That is all fine unless they try to upload a large file then it errors out.

So reading your suggestions I switched to imagemagic and it uploads large files with no problems, Then it creates a thumbnail the same size of the upload so if the upload is 3 meg the thumbnail is a hughe 3 meg file. no resizeing at all.

The admin panel says to resize large photos and the max thumbnail is set at at 100 , and the photo resize limit is set to 600 x 400.

I deleted all the photos out of the upload folder and set the limit to 1500 like Chuck suggested made no differance.

This only works in gd library.

I would love to use imagemagic but the resizing does not work aqnd also photpost classifieds does not display images properly with imagemagic.

The php memory size is 128 meg.

Help

Otis

Chuck S
October 1st, 2012, 09:30 AM
That sounds to me like your imagemagick is not working so its not working right or your host disabled exec.

Your host would be able to help you resolve your issue. There is not much I can do for you at a server level as I am not your web host.

You can purchase an install and I can install Imagemagick correctly but that depends on whether you have all the proper permissions and logins to perform a server level operations like that. Your host would need to allow exec function and you would need full ssh access and access to the gcc compiler tools make etc.

Chuck S
October 2nd, 2012, 09:19 AM
PhotoPost Community - Announcements in Forum : General Discussion (http://www.photopost.com/forum/general-discussion/announcements.html)

You will want to read this when seeking support