View Full Version : description field not editable
September 18th, 2012, 04:56 PM
I have two problems. When I login to my forum and click on the link to go to my photopost classified page, then I get logged out for some reason.
Another problem is that when I place an ad, then I can't type anything in the description field.
I created a username and password for you so you can login and check yourself.
Here is the url to my forum: gusty.se/forum
The link to the PP classifed page is the one that says "Köp & Sälj".
Thanks for your help!
September 18th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Well providing a link helps as saying it is not editable is kinda confusing as editing suggests you want to change what you have already entered. In fact you are having an issue trying to insert a descriptions.
1. Make sure you are using the latest code. Meaning download 5.21 and upload the entire contents and make sure to upgrade following the instructions in the documentations folder on how to upgrade. Your using an extremely old classifieds like version 3.2 which is many many years old.
2. There is a cookie FAQ thread in the photopost FAQ thread which explains how to set your cookies so they are used throughout the whole site.
Following those steps should resolve your issue.
September 19th, 2012, 09:01 AM
For your editor you can turn it to basic not advanced and I think you will see a box show now however that does nothing but prove what i said in number 1 as you can not mix and match file versions.
Your site should be upgraded it looks like the copyright now shows 5.2 but you have not removed the install directory
Message - PhotoPost Classifieds (http://gusty.se/forum/pp-classifieds/)
I can not see your site to confirm anything.
September 19th, 2012, 03:16 PM
PP Classified is now updated to version 5.21, but I´m still not able to insert text in the description field.
Also, if I go to my main forum, then these errors are displayed at the top of the page:
Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in [path]/pp-classifieds/inc_ads.php on line 69
Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in [path]/pp-classifieds/inc_ads.php on line 132
September 19th, 2012, 03:21 PM
1. Your advanced editor does not display because all the new files are not there. If you delete the js directory and reupload from 5.21 and make sure pp-inc.php is also uploaded then it should display. You can test as noted that it is simply the advanced editor is your issue by setting your editor to basic.
2. You must be talking about some classifieds hack for vb3. You would have to follow whatever tutorial in the hack forums for that. I would suspect you do not have your correct classifieds table prefix filled out under admin edit integration but thats just a guess.
There is a limit to my responses based on what I can see and without a login all I can do is guess here.
September 19th, 2012, 04:19 PM
1. I just deleted the js directory and reuploaded it from 5.21. I also reuploaded pp-inc.php. These actions didn't made it possible to insert text in the description field, but it works fine when I switch to basic under the admin options, so it´s all good now!
2. I havn't managed to fix the issue with the MySQL errors on the main forum gusty.se/forum/index.php, but I´ll look into it.
I just fixed so that you login to the PP admin with the username "Chuck" and password "vbulletin". Perhaps can you take a quick look to see if there are any incorrect classifieds table prefix filled out under admin edit integration.
Thanks again for your help!
September 19th, 2012, 04:45 PM
You have the classifieds admin file locked down LOL
Also its not a good to post admin logins on here in public ;)
Like I said you want to visit the mod forum and read the instructions on how to install the ad block your trying to install that should tell you everything you want to know to resolve your hack issue.
September 19th, 2012, 05:26 PM
locked down? I don't understand... besides I havn't tried to install some kind of ad block to my forum
and yes, I know that it probably isn't a very good idea to post username and passwords here, but how else am I able to give you the info?
September 19th, 2012, 08:45 PM
If I try to go to either your admin panel on the forum or the classifieds index file I get a 403 permissions error.
You can send sensitive info through the contact us link in our site header. That is why thats there. ;)
You don't have permission to access /forum/pp-classifieds/adm-index.php on this server.
I get the same thing for your forum also
You don't have permission to access /forum/admincp/index.php on this server.
Kind of hard for me to help you when I can not see anything.
September 20th, 2012, 11:22 AM
If you want me to look at your description issue etc I would need you to send a working admin login that can view admin stuff and a working ftp account.
September 20th, 2012, 02:46 PM
I see. It just crossed my mind that the admin is protected with IP based restrictions. Can I have your IP? Then I can whitelist it and use the contact link to send you the ftp info as well.
September 20th, 2012, 03:56 PM
You can send us the ftp info through the contact list and I will in turn list my IP. I am not going to publically post that. ;)
As far as your stuff what I have already said stands which is why I asked for details.
Your cookies need to set like so if you want your login to be read throughout.
Your mod or hack your using I would assume is this and likewise you would need to follow the instructions there to properly set any type of database info
I believe I covered all this earlier.
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.