PDA

View Full Version : Entire site shut down by photo post need help

detectingamerica
September 15th, 2012, 05:47 PM
I installed photo post and used my Vbulleting 4 database to share and now I cannot even pull up my website . Everything is down. I keep getting these error messages VIA email (SEE BELOW).. I did a restore on my database and a restore on my entire website but still nothing . Please help !! Ill even pay if I have to . I just want my site and all my hard work back up again.

Below is the error I am getting from V Bulletin Sent to me by Email

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Access denied for user 'detectingamerica'@'97.74.24.42' (using password: YES)
/home/content/95/9511595/html/detecting/includes/class_core.php on line 317

Chuck S
September 15th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Our program should have nothing to do with some email directly from email and vbulletin but we can not respond without alot more info indeed.

There are a couple things you need to do here.

PhotoPost Community - Announcements in Forum : PhotoPost Announcements (http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-announcements/announcements.html)

You need to verify yourself so that you can obtain support as we can not verify you are a customer entitled to support currently in this post you are posting outside support and not a verified customer.

This post below should also help as once you verify yourself so we can determine your a verified customer you need to actually provide information about your site.

PhotoPost Community - Announcements in Forum : PhotoPost Pro Support Forums (http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-pro-support-forums/announcements.html)

We definately need to know what site this is in reference to.

detectingamerica
September 15th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Our program should have nothing to do with some email directly from email and vbulletin but we can not respond without alot more info indeed.

There are a couple things you need to do here.

You need to verify yourself so that you can obtain support as we can not verify you are a customer entitled to support currently in this post you are posting outside support and not a verified customer.

This post below should also help as once you verify yourself so we can determine your a verified customer you need to actually provide information about your site.

We definately need to know what site this is in reference to.

corporateofficeusa@gmail.com
Licence # 3165
Server is running LINUX
Domain. Detectingamerica.us

detectingamerica.us/photopost

SQL data base

Vbulletin 4+

Forum was working fine before installing PHOTO POST not its completely inoperable

I tried to install in the same data base as Vbulleting board so they would share the same resources when that was done the site never came up. During the install Photopost had lots of errors.

I would like to to if there is a way to uninstall or try to get my V bulletin forum up and running as this add on photopost no doubt caused serious issues with the data base and or the string .

Chuck S
September 15th, 2012, 08:20 PM
did you try disabling plugins in vbulletin?

Like I said via your email our program has nothing to do with the vbulletin database or its tables nor would it take it down. We have our own tables. We do not alter or change any vb tables. In fact the only thing our program does is queries the vb user table from our application not your forum however you did not install our application into your vb.

A community photo gallery - My Photo Gallery (http://detectingamerica.us/photopost/)

Your photopost is completely operational although you installed it as a standalone so there is no interaction with your vb.

You can find installation instructions for the application in the documentations folder of the downloaded code.

the only vb error you can get if you install something incorrectly is if you do the plugins wrong and then you only get a plugin error.

Your email you are stating tells me you have the wrong database info in your vb config file for your forum to do what it needs to do. Nowhere do we state to edit your vb config. Hense the only thing I can suggest is you check your vb config file and turn off vb plugins on your forum and see if that corrects your forum issue.

Our program absolutely under no circumstances took down your forum. I do these installs all the time and even run a vb4 site myself. In fact vbulletin has no idea PhotoPost Pro is even installed other than you installing some plugins into your forum to show some content into it.

Your issue can only be one of two things and is user error not a program error.

1. You edited your forum config file which we never state to do and it has wrong info.

2. You did your plugins wrong which is highly possible since I see you incorrectly installed the gallery as a standalone and you have a plugin issue. Disabling the plugins via your vb config file as I stated via email by adding the define statement I gave you should help you go in and remove any bad plugins you did although I have never seen such a issue as you are reporting.