PDA

View Full Version : How to set up a marketplace using PP classified and vbulletin?

GrodanBoll
September 7th, 2012, 05:06 AM
Hello, I just purchased vbulletin version 3.8.7 and PP classified. Id like to set up a marketplace on my forum, but I can't figure out how that can be achived. Been searching for some guides in this forum, but I can't really find anything that helps me. The fact that Im not very skilled it comes php and mysql don't make things easier...

Anyway, what I like to achieve is exactly what you have here:
viperalley.com/classifieds/index.php

This is what my forum looks like now:
gusty.se/forum/images/custom/forum-index.jpg

And this is what the Photopost Classified admin looks like:
gusty.se/forum/images/custom/PPC-admin.jpg

I have followed your instructions here:
photopost.com/forum/classified-mods/116508-classifieds-vbulletin-forum-index-page.html

I think this integration was successful, though I don't see any visual changes in my forum.

However, would be great with some guidelines on how set up a marketplace for someone like me that isn't very familiar to either vbulletin or PP classified.

Thanks in advance!

PS. I'm probably not the only one tearing my hair in this matter. Something that would be very helpful for me and many others would be some kind of video tutorial that explains how to setup a marketplace and other features as well.

Chuck S
September 7th, 2012, 08:35 AM
First off providing real urls to your forum and classifieds will get you an accurate answer. I can not assist you with some 7 year old code mods as that is not our actual application. Your probally want to follow maybe something like this

http://www.photopost.com/forum/classified-mods/122209-classifieds-ads-block-vbulletin-3-5-a.html

I can tell you how to get your classifieds using your forum header footer and style which is what your trying to show with that link to the viperalley classifieds site. However you need to provide urls.

GrodanBoll
September 7th, 2012, 01:06 PM
The link to my forum is gusty.se/forum/

Btw, when I click on "Place An Ad" in the PP Classfied main index
gusty.se/forum/pp-classifieds/index.php

Then I get this message: "You do not have permission for this action!"

I guess that it shouldn't be like that?

Chuck S
September 7th, 2012, 01:18 PM
I understand the forum url from the pictures you posted however we are trying to provide support for our product and you did not put a link in your navbar of the forum which is why I have asked for a url. I can not respond about anything on the classifieds without actually seeing the classifieds.

I suggested you might want to try that other hack or mod since your using a newer vb than the thread your trying. We do not provide support for mods but I will say if nothing is displaying you are not modifying something correct as to what that is I can not say since your not talking about our application. The mods have specific steps you can follow and you discuss any issue with a mod in that specific thread outside our product support forums.

I need to see your classifieds to see if there is anything here to provide support on. If your classifieds is loading your forum header footer and style colors then it is installed correctly. If there is a specific question about something on the classifieds side of things let me know.

Chuck S
September 7th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Main Index - PhotoPost Classifieds (http://gusty.se/forum/pp-classifieds/)

I guessed your url after about 20 different locations and possible names.

You are not loading the vb3 stuff.

You can sign into your classifieds and hit the admin link in classifieds menubar. You can then go to EDIT INTEGRATION and fill out all the proper server paths and urls asked in there and then turn on the 3 vb3 switches to ON.

You should then be loading the header footer style of vbulletin.

GrodanBoll
September 7th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Thanks for you help, things are getting clearer to me now =)

PP classified is integrated with vbulletin now, but I´m still not allowed to place an ad. When I click on the "Place An Ad" link I get this message "You do not have permission for this action!"

Any suggestions?

Chuck S
September 7th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Two suggestons.

1. As far as posting an ad you would need to go into the classifieds admin panel and under EDIT USERGROUPS you would set permissions as you see fit.

2. I noticed looking at your classifieds your forum header is not showing. Thats a simple fix as well edit your global style settings and the titleimage variable you have a relative url to the logo like so.

images/custom/forum_logo.png

You should make that a full url if you want it to show over another directory like classifieds

http://www.gusty.se/forum/images/custom/forum_logo.png

You also want to edit your header template in vb and fix any relative urls to other images like this one.

images/custom/logo_background.jpg

images/custom/background_image.jpg

You need to correct those to full urls also.

GrodanBoll
September 9th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Thank you Chuck, I got it all working =)

Now I have 2 new questions.

1. The facebook connection doesn't work on my PP classified page. Is this something that is possible to fix?

2. I´ve added 5 Top Level Categories, "Kites", "Brädor", "Selar", "Neopren" and "Övrigt".
"Kites" contains 30 sub-categories and "Brädor" contains 3 sub-categories. The others are empty. But only "Kites" show up as an expandable category on the main page. The rest of the categories are just lined up directly under the "Kites" category. My intention is to have all 5 Top Level Categories as expandable categories... How I done something wrong or is this not possible to achieve?

Thanks in advance!

Chuck S
September 9th, 2012, 02:20 PM
1. Do you have cookies setup right? cookies the same in both?

cookie path /

cookie prefix bb

cookie domain .yoursite.com

I use facebook connect with vb4 forum and all seems right. I would assume the facebook connect thing also makes any proper vb cookies which is of course what we read to know who is logged in.

If your cookie settings are not exact between both apps then you will not be carried over being logged in

2. two things to consider I do not see a brador cat.

Now any category that is a top level category which has subcats you would set to contains thumbs to NO. that is what tells the program to show that collapsible bar.

You do not set a category as collapsible when it contains images.

In the end it is always how you have things setup.

chandrafs78
September 13th, 2012, 01:25 PM
That solved my problem.

Chuck S
September 13th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Glad to help let us know if there is anything else we can assist with.