PDA

View Full Version : A question about PhotoPost Pro. Licence

cloferba
September 6th, 2012, 09:33 AM
PhotoPost Pro actually costs $129.00.

1: I want to know if I have to pay (and how much) to renew my licence every year, or if this a life time licence.
2: Do I need to pay after a year to have more updates?
3: Will my payment be instant and Iīll get the download or I have to wait? How long?

Thanks!

Chuck S
September 6th, 2012, 09:40 AM
One owned license grants you the right to run one software installation on one domain for an unlimited time, and purchasing an owned license gives you access to our members download area and support for one year.

If your access to support and updates has expired and you need support or want to get an update you would purchase a members area renewal.

All orders are hand processed and will take up to 24 hours although most are processed in a couple hours.

cloferba
September 6th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Thanks, more questions:
Can I set a bigger size for the Most Popular images thumbnails?
Can I display the Top rated images on the block?

Iīve seen the admin panel of Photopost and it only has the option to display more popular images and most recent ones...

Chuck S
September 6th, 2012, 11:59 AM
all thumbnails are the same size there is no function to increase sizes based on one block

If you want to add a different block type you would need to code that as our program has 3 block types most recent, most popular and random.

cloferba
September 6th, 2012, 12:05 PM
So...why have a function to rate pictures if you are not allowed to display the top rated pictures?

Can I modify the code to increase the size of the thumbnails?
If I set 2 columns with 2 pictures each one, there is no reason to keep the small thumbnail size and big blank parts...donīt you think so?

Chuck S
September 6th, 2012, 12:14 PM
You can modify the program however you wish it is not encrypted. Our application has the features we state here on our site and there are plenty of examples and lots of options.

However even with that said everyone has an opinion on how they things things should work or even features they want which might not exist which is why people hack code.

Thats about the simplest answer one can give. There is even a plugin system in our application which allows you to create your own code so theoretically you could create your own plugin with some type of highest rated images block. There is even an example random photo block in the mod corner plugin forum.

cloferba
September 6th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Well, I donīt have permissions to see the actual mods that exist for Photopost...

Chuck S
September 6th, 2012, 12:42 PM
That would be correct since you are not a licensed customer. Only licensed customers can see support or mod forums.

I was merely making a statement of fact on one direction you could go. Our company does not assist or support your code modifications. We support our actual application. I was just saying that it is possible you could create a plugin photo block as that is not listed on the features as that is a brand new feature just included in 8.2 series.