PDA

View Full Version : Moving from Photopost to vbGallery

Stephan Whelan
August 10th, 2012, 03:43 AM
Hi,

We have been loyal users of Photopost for many years and love the product. However in recent times our users are asking for gallerys to be embedded into the forums rather than a seperate area (we use vbulletin and the integration with photopost).

So - my question is - is it possible to move from Photopost to vbGallery?

Many thanks,

Stephan

Chuck S
August 10th, 2012, 09:02 AM
You can download vbgallery 3.x series for vb4 and try the little utility in the do not upload folder and see if that does it for you.

Stephan Whelan
June 1st, 2013, 06:22 AM
Chuck - only just getting round to looking at this. I've downloaded the latest version of vbGallery from the member area but can't see any utility in the do not upload folder. I really want to move from PhotoPost to vbGallery...

Chuck S
June 1st, 2013, 08:59 AM
Stephen this thread is almost a year old and just fyi vbGallery is essentially a EOL product meaning end of life just like your forums are.

I would not advise switching personally especially for several years PhotoPost Pro is very heavily integrated into the forums just like vbGallery is meaning there are photo blocks profile content etc. However this is with vb4.

If anything I would suggest you upgrade your forum and gallery product to the latest versions and test things out before making any decision to switch to a product that is not developed anymore.