PDA

View Full Version : unregsitered picture viewing

b6gm6n
June 4th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Hi...

I was thinking how i could setup a free gallery for unregistered viewers to my site, I've setup a new category to hold these free images and the usual permissions etc via admin but unregistered users are still being blocked

if ( ($User['username'] == "" || $User['username'] == $Globals['pp_lang']['unreg']) && $Globals['reqregister'] == "yes" )
{
diewell( $Globals['pp_lang']['noregview'] );
}

Is there anything i could add there which would help, but of course trying to keep the rest of the gallery/picture permissions intact, but just allowing this one new category to be shown, if you could advise me that would be great, thanks

Chuck S
June 4th, 2012, 06:27 PM
do you have the setting that requires users to be registered to view images set to yes?

b6gm6n
June 4th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Yes i believe so... but i just wanted to say i found a quick solution which works well and keeps my existing gallery perms intact, in the line/code above i simply added :

&& ($cat != 581)

at the end of the if statement and it works well, i just wanted the one category excluded from that which happened to have the id 581

Thanks

Chuck S
June 4th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Well like I said that master setting your talking about says if a user is a guest they need to be registered to view images.

Therefore if you want guests to see that category of images and not other categories the correct scenerio IMO would be to remove guest viewing permissions from categories you do not want guests to see and set yes for guests to see the cats you want and the setting we are talking about should be NO so guests can actually see images.

arturo1961
June 16th, 2012, 03:45 PM
do you have the setting that requires users to be registered to view images set to yes?

Hello Chuck,
I have set as you wrote, you must be registered to see the pictures, but does not work, if I unplug and I access as a visitor I can see the pictures anyway. Doing something wrong?.

Basically I want the images, albums, and the rest of the site is only visible to registered users.

thanks

Arturo

Chuck S
June 16th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Arturo

The feature discussed here works fine and probally have nothing to do with what your trying to do which should be below.

If your trying to globally restrict no access at all to see an image set in the category editor in admin the uncheck viewing permissions from any group on any category and save permissions.

arturo1961
June 18th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Arturo

The feature discussed here works fine and probally have nothing to do with what your trying to do which should be below.

If your trying to globally restrict no access at all to see an image set in the category editor in admin the uncheck viewing permissions from any group on any category and save permissions.
Thanks,

i already done but dont' work.... now until i resolve the other problem of not valid administrator i can control nothing.....

Chuck S
June 18th, 2012, 10:00 AM
That is true this topic kind of has nothing to do with what your talking about which is why I posted so once you set cat perms I think you will be okay.