PDA

View Full Version : Cannot update email to gain support.

koolkat
April 25th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Greets,

I am an owner of both photopost and classifieds and due to this, I cannot update the email address in my account to reflect my photopost license email.

Since both accounts are not linked, I had to use 2 different email addresses.

How can I rectify this and get to the support area?

Thanks,
Brad

Chuck S
April 25th, 2012, 07:45 PM
what do you mean by this. If you enter the email here on the forums which is the email on a valid license that has members access you will be support access.

koolkat
May 9th, 2012, 09:29 AM
what do you mean by this. If you enter the email here on the forums which is the email on a valid license that has members access you will be support access.

No this will not work. I don't know how to explain this any better, so I will post pictures.

After getting this message, I follow the instructions to match my license with my email and merge both licenses into one account.

Good, both licenses linked to my account. Should allow me to post? Nope.

Ahh, here is why... because your system require me to use a second email account when I purchased the other product. So now I try to change that email to the same as the first one...

Sorry pal, that won't work! Of course not... it's already in use from the second license!

Any ideas how to change this now that that email is in use?

I have been fighting with 3 different web hosts, all claiming that it is both crazy and dangerous to set 777 permissions and one even closed my account. 3 times I have heard that this is not allowed anymore and that it should never be necessary these days.

Apparently, setting 777 or 666 permissions is like leaving the keys in your door (so they claim).

Brad

Chuck S
May 9th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Brad your pictures show you did not set your forum account email to the same as your licenses.

The user AtomicZombie who is our actual customer who owns those licenses is indeed verified and she as our customer can obtain support anytime she wishes.

You are not our customer or the owner of the licenses therefore you can not obtain support on our forums.

As far as server permissions that would be up to your host to set the server properly. In most servers which is why our install instructions are what they are on a server if you want to create subdirectories and allow file uploads to the server the directory the files are uploaded to NEED to be 777 permissions. Now it is possible for you to run a fully functional file upload with the data and uploads directories set to 755 but that would require your host to properly setup there server to allow such things.

Sounds to me like your host is not very technically knowledgable honestly. Most any website host out there already knows this important information so you can bring that up with them and see what they can do.

We write software which of course has to follow server rules. You will see any piece of software install instructions always tell you to set any directory that files will be uploaded to 777 thats common place since that is 99% of how most server environments are setup to work.

koolkat
May 9th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Ok, I will pass this message to the host when they remove the anti-hacking lock (403 Forbidden) error from my site which was caused by setting 777 on the uploads directory. This is the second VPS/Shared host that implemented this instant anti-hacking lock when I set to 777.

As for the email, I am at a loss then. I had my partner purchase both photopost and classifieds and then she gave me the logins. There is no other login we know of besides this one. I guess I will stay in this section. I am definately the customer/owner of both licenses!

Brad

koolkat
May 9th, 2012, 10:38 AM
I was wondering how then does our VBulletin manage to have a working upload system without us having to set 777?

Brad

Chuck S
May 9th, 2012, 10:42 AM
You can take that up with customer service as to ownership. The user AtomicZombie is a verified customer here and the true owner of the licenses obviously I can not give out private. If Kathy is your partner and she purchased the licenses then she is the owner. Two people can not be the owners. I understand you have a partnership with her but from what I am seeing she is the one who purchased the software and even registered a forum account here for herself which is verified.

You can ask her to send you her login if you want to post here.

Chuck S
May 9th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Like I said your web host may have your server setup to allow uploads with 755 permissions but thats up to your host not the software. ;)

Our instructions state 777 because thats the case for alot of servers and the majority of our users are not technically savy.

Your host if they are that worried about permissions can setup there directories to allow creation of directories to house files and allow file uploads at 755.

koolkat
May 9th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Ok, will relay that to the host.

As for the license, don't know what to tell you. Kathy is here in this room with me and this is our account, don't know how else to put it. We login, it shows our licenses, but your system required a second email to purchase the other software and now we can't change this address to our other one because it is already in use.

I'm sure we can indeed both be the owners since we are living under the same roof!

Brad & Kat

Chuck S
May 9th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Brad I have no idea what your trying to say about our system requiring a second email. If your referring to the forum that is a forum and yes every user has to have a specific email that is a feature in the vbulletin forum.

What I am saying is there is a forum user here with the email your talking about who is verified and that is AtomicZombie. Why can you not login with that account which indeed is a verified customer. I am asuming here Kathy set that up as we have no interaction with anyone on what forum accounts they setup.

If you are indeed the owner of that email why not simply use the feature to reset the forum password for that AtomicZombie account incase you forgot your password.

Your issue is your trying to register a second account and gain verified access and that is not possible since verification happens by comparing the forum email to the license email.

koolkat
May 9th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Ok, will look at that later (so many things on the go right now). Neither of us remember registering under AZ, but it has been a hectic month of late night upgrading.

Brad

Chuck S
May 9th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Yeah I can not say since we have nothing to do with forum accounts people register. AtomicZombie joined on March 7th the same day that the license was issued. ;)