PDA

View Full Version : reducing disk space used by photopost

fishunter
April 12th, 2012, 10:10 AM
I am running photopost and vBulletin® Version 3.8.3.
(I'm working on getting photopost license info to get into support area)
site is azflyandtie.com

photopost is using 4.3 GB and I want to reduce its size.

1. is there something built in to do this?
2. can i download, resize and re-upload files in the data folders?

or some better idea that I haven't thought of.

I'm also concerned because statistics say disk space is 2.5GB....
Statistics
Users: 2,665
Photos: 4,415
Comments: 365
Views: 4,173,803
Disk Space: 2,579.6mb

Thanks in advance for your help.
-Greg

Chuck S
April 12th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Greg if your photopost disk space is 2.5gb I doubt photopost is 4.3gb unless your housing other stuff there.

You can resize your thumbnails and medium size images under admin scan database.

As far as the main images you can not resize then without actually reuploading them on the edit screen and make sure your max image height and width are reasonable so your images are actually resized. If your max dimensions are large your main images could have never been resized but nothing I can say without more info.

Once you renew your access to support you can obtain support but right now your not entitled to support.

fishunter
April 12th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Chuck,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I wonder why the difference. from 2.5 to 4.3 but in cpanel\filemanager it shows 4.3 for photopost. Are there other things like thumbnails, etc...? or maybe something I can look for and delete?

What are steps to renew access to support? Do I need to purchase a new license?
I got this board from somebody else and I am working on getting the original email address from order.

Thanks,
Greg

Chuck S
April 12th, 2012, 11:05 AM
One owned license grants you the right to run one software installation on one domain for an unlimited time, and purchasing an owned license gives you access to our members download area and support for one year. License fees are non-refundable and this license is non-transferable.

Basically what that means is yes the owner of the license gets free support and download access for a year after that one can renew access to support etc by purchasing the members area renewal for $39.00. Also per the licensing agreement the previous site owner is the photopost license holder our licensing can not be transferred as part of a sale. Our licensing policies supercede any deal you might have with anyone so I would suspect given what your telling me you would want to purchase your own license. You can keep the site content that is not under question here.

The code your using on your site is at minimum 7 years old it looks like. You definately want to upgrade