PDA

View Full Version : PP Pro v8.x

motowebmaster
April 8th, 2012, 10:35 AM
I've been out of touch from this site for a while, and just started taking a look at PhotoPost Pro v8. It's different, and am trying to understand what the differences and potential issues would be.

Some of the demo and actual customer sites running v8 appear to be having issues with displaying full-size pics or pics not displaying at all. What have been the common reasons to cause this?

The lightbox feature I've seen on primarily vb4 sites isn't appealing. It's not too bad on faster hosts, but the only way to close the image is to look for the 'X' on the bottom of the image. I don't have the lightbox enabled on my PP-Pro v7x site and the user can click anywhere on a full-sized image to close it. Is this still an option on PP-Pro v8? On this site, closing a full-size image is Ok with me - but not intuitive enough for a casual user.

The right-sidebar looks nice, but can it be switched to something below the image? I use a wide-skyscraper ad beside each standard-size image and there would be some competition for screen space.

Are there any other concerns or potential challenges?

Chuck S
April 8th, 2012, 11:34 AM
No idea what you mean my pictures on my site and even the site here which uses pp8 show fine.

A community photo gallery - PhotoPost Photo Gallery (http://www.photopost.com/photopost/)

Your free to modify anything you wish. If you have not updated in a long while there may be lots of changes your not use to.

The sidebar on showphoto has no switch to move it.

motowebmaster
April 8th, 2012, 06:11 PM
I checked my site's config and currently have lightbox integration disabled; if a larger photo exists it just opens up in a separate window - clicking on it anywhere will close it. If I did the same on PP-Pro v8x what would be the result?

Regarding the scrolling thumbnails at the bottom of the pictures, is it possible to choose how many are shown in the config or is that still something that requires template edits?

Chuck S
April 8th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Your choice is the same as it always was show the large in a popup window or lightbox.

The number of previews is not configurable yet.