PDA

View Full Version : Xenforo & Photopost Gallery & Classifieds!?

truckmount
March 19th, 2012, 08:27 AM
We are going to switch over to Xenforo but currently running Photopost gallery + classifieds for vb, is it possible to do the following:

1) Migrate the current statistic data over while we use Xenforo as forum so we dont lose our stats in gallery + classifieds?

We are using: PhotoPost PHP Pro v8.02 & latest classifieds.

All I care about is my Xenforo members being able to upload/rate pictures and then also use the classified section to sell/buy items.

Is this possible?

thanks!

Chuck S
March 19th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Well all this depends on xenforo and what import scripts your using. While we can not officially support switching an integration or adverse situations because of that I can lay out the steps and we even have a script that might realign the userid's for you but that of course totally depends on every single user being imported with the correct username into that new forum.

1. import your vb forum into xenforo using any import scripts xenforo has for such an action.

2. Delete the pp_usergroups and cp_usergroups tables from your databases for our products as you will be reinstalling the apps and importing new usergroups.

3. Reinstall the gallery and classifieds to integrate with xenforo make sure to properly input any xenforo info like globalSalt table prefixes or cookie prefixes

4. Run the userfix script located in our import forum to realign the userids which will change due to the forum import.

Your done.

truckmount
March 19th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Ok and this will work with classifieds & pp pro?

Also, what about the layout does it wrap so it looks clean like it did with vb?

thx

Chuck S
March 19th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Yes the steps I outlined you need to do for both apps.

we support user login and basic style integration we do not support enhanced features like vbulletin. This is all noted on our site here. vb is the only application we support pulling header and footer from.