PDA

View Full Version : No access to my account again

Peter
February 2nd, 2012, 11:48 AM
Well, this time came again, I am a customer, I renewed my licence for years and now I am kicked from the forum because I did not renew this time.

So, I renewed last year and I received nothing, no updates, no fixes, no new things, no new versions, no nothing.

Now you ask me to renew my account again to get the only update available in a complete year ?

Really ?

I expect some extra time in my account or something. Old good customers should get that to not feel scamed. I really feel like that and I hope this is not the reason to completely drop Photopost and never use it again.

So, please add some time to my account, I think I deserve that for what i have been paying all this years and the last one with no updates at all.

Thanks.

Chuck S
February 2nd, 2012, 12:39 PM
Peter,

I can appreciate your comments but lets spent a few moments breaking this down. I am not the companies owner but just like you I am a long time customer. We both know how software companies work and PhotoPost is no exception. The policies are upfront and stated before anyone purchases the software. The wording has always been the following.

One owned license grants you the right to run one software installation on one domain for an unlimited time, and purchasing an owned license gives you access to our members download area and support for one year.

That is pretty standard in the industry. I am a long standing vbulletin customer and there licensing worked the same way until they introduced the vb4 series which is a version paid licensing system.

PhotoPost does not require customers to keep there license access current every single year. You would renew access as you need it. That means you renew it either when you need support or a new version.

For the record you have posted in the support forums 21 times in the past year. You also needed a software installation which is why you renewed your access in the first place from what I am reading. The services you paid for where rendered. You paid $39.00 to obtain access to the 7.1 code which was installed on your server and you have posted in our support forums.

I will pass this issue onto sales and ask about this issue and if they will give you any more time but that would be there determination. I will also send the facts I have uncovered so they can make a determination.

I think it a little unfair to say you have received nothing. The renewal fee only allows you to download access and support access. It comes with no guarantee other than we give you a year. We have no control over how much or how little you use the access. You clearly have used the access.

Peter
February 2nd, 2012, 12:51 PM
Hi Chuck, I understand and yes, that's what happened.

I renewed to get 7.1 and payed for the installation as well. Then, there was no updates at all until now. Almost the same happened from 6 to 7 and ok, I payed for it and then payed for an installation, the same for v5 and v4 I beleive, but now I just think its not fair and I really appreciate you pass on this to sales.

I actually pay for the product, not for forum access (which is included). So If I was able to post 21 times in one year with not a single update, what I am paying for ?

¿Makes sense?

Thank you again for the help and will wait a response here or by mail.

Chuck S
February 2nd, 2012, 01:10 PM
Peter I know what your saying but the members access is a fee for a time period access that is it. It does not matter whether only one version of software comes out or 5. It does not matter whether you post 100 posts or no posts for support. Your paying for the year regardless.

For the record again though since you bring up the updates.

Last year was 7.1 and a long 8.0 beta

Prior year was 7.0,7.01,7.02,7.03

Before that it was 6.21,6.22,6.23 and a 7.0 beta

Of course what people have access to depends on specifically when they renew. There is no guarantee there would be more than one version. In fact the most common use of the members area renewal is just like you used it for when you needed access to reinstall or if someone needs support or wants a new version they do not have access to.

Let's be realistic if there was not a members area renewal fee we would not be in business. You purchasing the members area allows the continued development and support of the product.