PDA

View Full Version : How to update copyright year on Photopost

thxforyourhelp
January 30th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Hi there, I'm totally loving my gallery. But, I would like to update the year at the very bottom that right now reads:

Photo Sharing Gallery by Photopost
Copyright 2009 All Enthusiast, Inc.

I would like to change this date to "Copyright 2012" so that my gallery looks up-to-date.

So I want it to look like this:
Photo Sharing Gallery by Photopost
Copyright 2012 All Enthusiast, Inc.

How do I go about updating the date? Thank you in advance.

P.S. I use good 'ol PhotoPost, not VB (if that matters). Thx!

Chuck S
January 30th, 2012, 07:45 PM
What version of the software are you using. Have you tried upgrading?

thxforyourhelp
February 4th, 2012, 02:14 AM
What version of the software are you using. Have you tried upgrading?

I purchased Photopost last July or August of 2011 I believe and it is Version 7.1 and don't want to upgrade as I just purchased this not too long ago. Is there a way to update the copyright date from 2009 at the bottom to say 2012? Thanks!

Chuck S
February 4th, 2012, 10:09 AM
You should be able to download the new version and upgrade your application for free.

You are not able to touch the copyright on the software as in alter it. You can try searching for the cright variable in your pp_settings table and change the year to 2012 but 7.1 has a copyright date of 2011 not 2009.

thxforyourhelp
February 7th, 2012, 04:01 PM
You should be able to download the new version and upgrade your application for free.

You are not able to touch the copyright on the software as in alter it. You can try searching for the cright variable in your pp_settings table and change the year to 2012 but 7.1 has a copyright date of 2011 not 2009.

Thanks for letting me know about the free upgrade!

As for 7.1 having a copyright date of 2011 - that's what I thought, but for some reason it has always said 2009 from the day it was installed by Photopost. Probably just a mistake.

Chuck S
February 7th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Not a problem