PDA

View Full Version : Log In Issues - Help Please

withlovestudio
January 27th, 2012, 03:37 PM
I am posting this here because I sent an email on January 24 and I have had no reply as of yet. Please help me fix my issue if you can.

The Email:

Good day, I am emailing you in reference to complaints that some of my staff members are having posting to the gallery.

1. Everyone we switch from the gallery to the forum and back again, we have to log in over and over. Since the gallery and forum is supposed to be integrated, I don't understand why we have to log in again every time we switch. Our gallery as installed by a photopost staff member.

2. Some members have been having problems posting in the gallery at all. They say that even after logging into the gallery, they are logged out right away when they go to upload or to comment. An exact quote from a staff member is:

****** wrote:
to be more specific, my problem is when i want to comment, i need to log in and when i log in it brings me to the main gallery, but when i go to the specific layout to comment, i'm logged out again.

How do we fix these problems?

Thanks for your help!

I was linked to a thread (which I can't post because I don't have 15 posts even though it is a link to another thread at this website) by one staff member, I did what it said but it has not fixed either of the problems.

Please help!

Chuck S
January 27th, 2012, 05:39 PM
To obtain product support you might want to read the verification announcement at the top of all the forums.

This might help you with cookie issues.

http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-product-faqs/136971-cookies-login-problems.html

withlovestudio
January 30th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Thanks. I changed the email. Is that the reason my emails got no reply as well? That was the thread I was trying to link in my original post. I did what it said and it didn't help.

Chuck S
January 30th, 2012, 06:38 PM
You should be able to view that thread and follow the directions.

withlovestudio
February 1st, 2012, 08:39 PM
Like I said, the thread you linked, I tried what it said and it has not helped. Is there any other way that you can help to fix this issue?

Chuck S
February 2nd, 2012, 07:26 AM
well I can look things over and make suggestions sure. Like I said if your application is installed correctly and you are properly setting cookies there would be no login issues as the cookie that would be created in both applications would be the same and would be a sitewide cookie used on all subdomains of the site.

withlovestudio
February 7th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Thanks so much. What information do you need from me in order to look over it for me? :)

Chuck S
February 8th, 2012, 07:18 AM
url and admin login send to the contact us link.