PDA

View Full Version : Subscribing to Gallery

loaner
January 21st, 2012, 07:05 PM
I have this set to work and the link is there at the bottom of the gallery to subscribe. I've subscribed and people have uploaded but I am not getting email notifications. I checked my settings to make sure my email address is there and correct and it is. I've got a couple of other designers and one is getting emails when people post to her gallery that she is subscribed to, another one is getting emails when some people post but not others, and I'm not getting any. So I don't know if it is a permissions thing that I need to change or if we are just doing something wrong.

Chuck S
January 21st, 2012, 07:20 PM
Maybe check your spam filter as if the server is sending emails and you have subscribed then you should be getting the email sent.

loaner
January 21st, 2012, 08:03 PM
Nope, not in spam

Chuck S
January 21st, 2012, 10:48 PM
Hmm interesting and notify users via email is set to yes in admin options?

loaner
January 22nd, 2012, 08:10 AM
yes, it is set to yes. Like I said some are getting emails and some are not. Does it have to be added in a certain way? Like does it only work if they upload it to that gallery alone? So say if they upload to a personal gallery and then just copy to that gallery, would that make it not work?

Chuck S
January 22nd, 2012, 08:45 AM
It is like this being that emails are sent then the feature has to be working because nothing is going to cause an email to be sent to one person and not another that has signed up for notification. The only reason notification can not work is either your server is not setup for php mail or your not subscribed. We know php mail is working as some users are getting emails.

Not sure what you mean upload to a personal gallery and copy to that gallery making something work.

There are several different notifications in the program.

1. There are admin notifications where the admin can be notified of every photo or comment on the system.

2. There are category notifications which means that if you subscribe to a category you will be notified when there is a new photo uploaded to that category

3. There are photo notification where you request to be notified of when someone comments on a specific photo.

These are all long standing coding so we know it works I get notifications on my site all the time. If you want anymore help you would actually need to post a url and test login here and we can try doing some testing.

loaner
January 23rd, 2012, 08:15 AM
I think I figured it out. I ran some tests and since we have designer galleries, and challenge galleries, some items can be added to one gallery and then copied to all applicable galleries. You only get notifications if you are subscribed to the main gallery they upload to, you don't get them for any that it is copied to and if they upload to a personal album as the main upload, there is no way to subscribe to that, so my questions are answered.

Chuck S
January 23rd, 2012, 08:57 AM
Yes the copy to function only creates copies of a photo upload the main file is in place but you have really 3 unique images you can put in other categories.

Therefore if you subscribe to the main category you are only going to get notified of entries in that category. If you elect to receive notifications of one photo you are notifying on that one photo.

Since when you make a copy to another gallery that is indeed another photo so if you want notification on that photo you need to select to be notified.