PDA

View Full Version : Photo upload stall

CFPHOTO
January 14th, 2012, 02:54 PM
I had a HD failure as all files were moved from backup. Anyway, I have members who are now complaining it takes forever to upload pictures. An actual email:

"I have tried to upload pictures and I cannot either. I select the file, hit upload, then it goes to my photo page and nothing new is there. I have tried 10 times now"

The odd part is when I try with their USER/pass I can upload their photos just fine? Also, the zip file upload is set to 2 meg.

If you can help, thanks in advance,
Avid

Chuck S
January 14th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Well remember PHP has a max file upload size of 2mb unless you modify it. If they try and upload an image over 2mb it will be prevented from the server side server before the script has a chance to upload anything so nothing uploads. I would suspect if they have no errors this is there problem.

CFPHOTO
January 14th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Well remember PHP has a max file upload size of 2mb unless you modify it. If they try and upload an image over 2mb it will be prevented from the server side server before the script has a chance to upload anything so nothing uploads. I would suspect if they have no errors this is there problem.

Thanks..

Chuck S
January 14th, 2012, 04:47 PM
You can alter your php settings or ask your host to raise that limit if you want to allow files over 2mb.

CFPHOTO
January 14th, 2012, 08:27 PM
You can alter your php settings or ask your host to raise that limit if you want to allow files over 2mb.

would you happen to know how to do this through cP WHM ? If so thanks in advance.

Avid

Chuck S
January 15th, 2012, 09:35 AM
You really would need to ask your web host. You need to actually edit your php.ini file which you may not have access to and restart the server.

Different hosts have different rules and ways of doing things.