PDA

View Full Version : Changing the hosting Domain? Possibly Forum as well?

MktgWiz
January 8th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Due to circumstances beyond my control I had originally had my PhotoPost and IPBoard 3.2.3 Installed to my hosted domain at http://www.hrtsphtography.com I have had to change my domain name to Http://www.vaphotogallery.com (Which I currently have redirected to the above domain)

How much trouble is it to change out a domain? I can not have all the emails etc. going out to people with the older domain etc.

Also I am finding that there are some quirks with the IPBoard 3.2.3 integration and Photo Post is saying its a IPBoard situation and IPBoard is saying its a PhotoPost situation and also finding that PhotoPost doesn't have much knowledge of the IPBoard system?

Would I be better off caning the IPBoard and doing a whole new install with PhotoPost and VBulletin or if I decide to go with vBulletin (Likely) could the domain be changed and the photos data etc. be imported to the new vBulletin and Photo Post under the new domain?

I know its a mess I just want to do this now when the board is relatively new versus later. I am trying to duplicate the system at HRTownSquare.com (http://www.hrtownsquare.com) and their gallery which is PhotoPost as the newspaper who runs this community is going to shut it down.

Please help soon as I have some decisions to make...as I am sure it will be additional fee's to have you all reinstall all of this or even just help me fix the domain issue??? Thanks in advance..

George

Chuck S
January 8th, 2012, 06:58 PM
If you have moved servers you would need to use the install script and reinstall to properly integrate with the forum with the new urls server paths database info etc.

I do not specifically remember any info about your situation specifically other than you have one post here in the past couple years and we have not even looked at your site directly yet. Not sure what you mean about comments about invisionboard integration issues since we handle many issues. What are you referring to?

MktgWiz
January 8th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Hey Chuck

My PhotoPost & IPBoard was installed on Jan 4th by REMOVED l through the PhotoPost install process I thought I have been emailing you throughout this process? The email address of REMOVED via install order # 24486 I paid to have my license and member access upgraded and the install and paid $70 to have PhotoPost install IPBoard 3.2.3. They had some issues FTP'ing into my godaddy.com so provided my main login and they successfully had everything installed @ Virginia Photography Gallery Showcasing Virginia Photographers (http://www.hrtsphotography.com)

This whole time thought I was exchanging emails with you? No response from my last two emails posted here. You are correct I did have a PhotoPost site back in 2009 however that siteis no longer around as this is why I was able to update that license within the process described above.

If you email me at george@mktgwiz.com I will provide you with my access to help me out.

George

MktgWiz
January 8th, 2012, 07:29 PM
I noticed someone removed the name and email address in my last post. I apologize if I posted something I was not supposed to?

George

Chuck S
January 8th, 2012, 07:35 PM
George

Yes I removed my personal full name and personal email address from public eyes.

I remember the initial site when you posted your email thats fine. That is not the issue here. I was asking clarification on what seems like you have been having issues that I am unaware of.

We installed a forum for you and the gallery product. Those installations where preformed and both where operational and everything was integrated fine. I remember you emailing and asking some basic operational questions and you asked about couple support questions and anything gallery related I am sure I answered and possibly probally directed you to invisionboard on any forum related questions since all we did on that end was an installation.

I do not remember us having any more correspondence that that. I remember no issues that at least where reported to us. I do know what type of correspondence you have been having with invisionboard which might have had you move servers or whichever. I do deal with lots of issues daily.

Now we are confronted with the issue I am seeing right now and that is where I am trying to assist you in a support capacity.

For whatever reason you moved servers and in order for you to properly integrate with that forum you would need to reinstall things to operate on the new server. There are urls and server paths and other such data that needs to be up correct for things to function. No doubt moving servers is what is causing your problems. I am just trying to suggest how to properly fix things from the two recent posts by you.

You can shoot me an email and explain what has transpired in the past 4 days and I can tell you what is best. Moving servers though definately means you need to rerun the install script.

MktgWiz
January 9th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Thanks so much for your help with these issues and future ones. It was the main reason I came back to you all for my next project and the fact I was able to upgrade my previous license etc. made it much better :) Again anyone looking or considering a photo sharing option Photo Post hands down is the way to go!

Successfully yours,

George Marsh
Virginia Photography Gallery Showcasing Virginia Photographers (http://www.vaphotogallery.com)

Chuck S
January 9th, 2012, 02:32 PM
No problem Thanks George any testimonials you want to make can be sent to customer service through the contact us link in the site header. We are simply doing our job here talking care of customers but hearing praise is always a good thing.

MktgWiz
January 9th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Ahhh OK thought maybe public was able to see this support forum just not able to enter messages..so I was preaching to the crowd then! Will do!

George

Chuck S
January 9th, 2012, 03:07 PM
No public is good as these are the support forums. Customer Service always likes to hear comments such as this.