PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade your forum

Ricsca
January 7th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Why not upgrade your vbulletin forum support 4?
I think that having a very old version of a forum lose credibility your site as a customer believe that your projects are not updated and valid for new versions of the forum.

Chuck S
January 7th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Actually which forum we choose to use on our site has nothing to do with our software it is merely personal choice on the owners part. Upgrading the forum would mean having to redesign the site again which he is not prepared to do at this point.

Remember vbulletin 4 architecture is totally different than vb3 so there are many things in use here that may not be compatible. vbulletin 3 is still a valid product. Our software supports 20 different products not just vbulletin 4. ;)

Possibly in the future he may decide to change what product he uses for his support forums but the support forum is merely one aspect on the site which has many parts of the whole which fits the design of the site.

Ricsca
January 8th, 2012, 06:40 AM
A modern and active site is a site that uses all the latest technology.
VB4 has been out for years and then see a site that still uses an older version, he loses credibility.
The more a site that sells products ...

Chuck S
January 8th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Ricsca now that is a personal opinion of yours. Like I said we sell our software not vbulletin so what support forum we use which is just a small part of our site has nothing to do with our software it is personal choice.

Ricsca
January 11th, 2012, 04:38 AM
Non è un parere personale...
Che parere tu hai di un negozio specializzato in gomme per ferrari che però ha una una vecchia fiat panda?

Chuck S
January 11th, 2012, 07:55 AM
I have no idea what that is suppose to mean there as the translation makes no sense.