PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPost 8 RC 1

Hippy
December 27th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Is PhotoPost 8 RC 1 replacing PhotoPost Pro 7.1 ?
Or is it just a different gallery available

Hope everyone had a great Xmas ..
and have a Hppy New Year
Regards
Hippy

Chuck S
December 27th, 2011, 01:16 PM
RC 1 means Release Candidate. It is what comes between Beta and Final Gold Release. Pro 8 will be out once the RC release is done and of course when that happens Pro 8 will be the current supported software.

Hippy
December 27th, 2011, 02:58 PM
I know what rc stands for thanks..
I just wanted to know if PhotoPost Pro 7.1 is being replaced with PhotoPost 8
so there will no longer be updated for 7.1?
the lay out is so different.

how does it integrate with vb and there new editor?
What will be involved with going from 71 to 8..
Is there a way to go from pp7.1 to vbgallery ?

thanks
Since the support on the editor was put on the back burner and other bugs that where posted.
I was no longer going to renew my PP license.

Chuck S
December 27th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Software versions come out all the time and software changes. The layout changes are what customers want as they told us what they wanted. The new index look can be controlled via a switch in the admin panel to use the forum look how it looks now versus the gallery look. The showphoto page is a little different but customers want social integration etc.

Pro supports the ckeditor on full comment interface just not quick reply. There are no open bugs in either 7.1 or 8.0 so not sure what your referring to.

There are numerous examples of 8.0 here in those threads and going forward as with any release of our software once the final is released it replaces any previous version.

There are alot of reasons to upgrade to Pro 8. If you use vbulletin 4 then all the new plugins and one integrated profile link to the vb profile among other things is enough to make most any vb customer upgrade to the new version IMO. I know I spent alot of time making the best of the vb4 integration even changing how we do the style mapping to be more integrated and work with custom styles.

Hippy
December 28th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Software updated / improvements are great !
Back to the bug thing
I can't point them out ATM cause I opted not to renew so I don't have the access to that part of the forum but you can search for my threads / posts and you'll see at lease 3 that you commented on and where never fixed ..
I guess because you also said to turn it off.
As a stand alone I'm sure it's fantastic.. but integration would be #1 with vb4
anyway..
I also tested pp8 when it was first announced and tried to update for pp7 to 8 on a test site and it didn't go well.. (not going to get into it atm)

Is the quick reply being worked on ? or there will be none ?
the biggest thing with vb is there new editor

Chuck S
December 28th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Any issues you commented on have been long since fixed. In fact you only have like 4 threads in the last 15 months with the exception of this one.

I see some search issue you state. That does not exist in PP8

The editor we support how we state and there are no issues or errors in PP8

zoom feature was removed in PP8

The filmstrip is entirely different in PP8

There are no open bugs just like I said in my initial post.