PDA

View Full Version : Editing PP templates

b6gm6n
October 8th, 2011, 10:25 PM
I thought i was doing well with my gallery when editing templates etc

But someone has to explain to me why i get inexplicable errors (even if you insert the exact same original code) after editing... you would think that trying to remove a simple table in a template would be a snip, for me and the "editprofile" template i just wanna kill PP... stops me dead in my design work, the only way i have found around this is...just simply don't touch it, find the original file if you can and re-upload... forget it and don't bother touching it again... in the end i downloaded the file and edited via notepad2... solved that

so whats up with the editor? junk data being inserted somewhere... ahh really frustrating i had to come and moan, sorry :)

Chuck S
October 9th, 2011, 10:47 AM
PhotoPost Community - Announcements in Forum : General Discussion (http://www.photopost.com/forum/general-discussion/announcements.html)

That thread should assist you in obtaining product support.

Basically when removing stuff from templates you need to ensure you only remove html not php code or the html echo statements.

b6gm6n
October 9th, 2011, 02:01 PM
OK Chuck thanks for the link, I'll remember that in future, cheers

Chuck S
October 9th, 2011, 04:36 PM
yeah if you get a parse error something is being removed that should not be that is what I would think.