PDA

View Full Version : Integrating Classifieds into existing site

brehburg
August 13th, 2011, 10:01 AM
A real beginner issue: I intend on creating a website using a packaged builder that creates pages as HTML and I need classifieds to be a menu item off the front page. Can I simply choose the classifieds menu item and PhotoPost Classifieds page appears (and using my site design as well)?

Chuck S
August 13th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Yes you can place a link in your pages to classifieds and place a header footer and edit the classifieds to natch your site layout

brehburg
August 13th, 2011, 04:27 PM
I would also like to put a "teaser" on my main (non-php) page - basically, a random/recent subset of ads to get people to click through to the classifieds page. Will I be able to do that if I use PhotoPost Classifieds?

Chuck S
August 13th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Well generally for you to include php your page would need to be php. There are random ad blocks in the mod forums for stuff like that

brehburg
August 13th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Is there a "discount/gift" function that will allow first time (posting) users of my classifieds to get a one-time discount? If so, is it some arbitrary string of characters or does the system create the string?

Chuck S
August 13th, 2011, 06:25 PM
there is a payment system to allow for payment of ads and even a subscription system to purchase a period of time to post free ads but no one time discount system.