PDA

View Full Version : Unregister users in classifieds

Bryan Ex
August 11th, 2011, 07:08 PM
In the current version of PP classifieds can unregistered users edit their own posts (perhaps through email verification / link) or do I have to use the registration process to match users to ads? I'm looking to not use a registration process but still allow users to manage their own ads.

Chuck S
August 11th, 2011, 09:56 PM
well you assign permissions in admin edit usergroups for usergroup permissions. I think things are mapped to IP if a guest but it has been along while since I tested guest setups since it is not common as most sites do not want spam.

Bryan Ex
August 12th, 2011, 04:01 AM
So we are not certain a guest could edit and/or delete their own ad? I do understand user groups and the fact that many features will not be available without a user name but I am after a very basic classifieds option that does not require a registration process to operate.

Chuck S
August 12th, 2011, 06:31 AM
You are right there is no names guests have basic priviledges. You can set permissions that they can upload an ad. However I do not beleive we are going to allow anyone to edit an ad which is what you would be allowing.

Bryan Ex
August 12th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the information. It appears Photopost Classifieds will not meet the needs of my current client. I will re-evaluate the script the next time I require a classified section.

Chuck S
August 12th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Not a problem glad to assist