PDA

View Full Version : A question about licenses

ipscone
August 10th, 2011, 06:06 PM
I have checked my account and it says "license expired". However, when I bought my PP PHP Pro, several years ago, it was supposed to be "forever". Here is what my activation notice said.

"Your license grants you permission to run one instance of PhotoPost PHP Pro on one domain and one web server for an unlimited period of time."

So, why would it say "license expired".

Also, it really doesn't say if I can run any other versions of PP PHP Pro. Can my unlimited use license allow me to use newer versions of the same software?

Chuck S
August 10th, 2011, 06:11 PM
You are only actually posting half the paragraph. You can use your present code you have forever however like the second sentence says your license comes with one year support and access to updates. What this means is you can no longer get support or access to code without renewing members access

ipscone
August 10th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Ah! I get it.

Ok, as second question. I'm getting ready to buy another package for another web site. Both will be on the same account. Will I then be able to update my original site, with the newer version, if I have access because of my new purchase?

Thanks,

Chuck S
August 10th, 2011, 06:34 PM
License and there access are tied to specific licenses. You can not say own multiple licenses and only have one license active and update all sites.

ipscone
August 10th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Fair enough. I think it's only $39 to update access to the other site. Might be worth it.

One last question... not really a license question but no need in starting multiple threads.

I have a vb CMS 4.1.5 site. On my previous vb site (v3.8), I used PP PHP PRO instead of a vbGallery. On my new site, I was thinking of staying with the PP PHP Pro instead of the vbGallery but it's not at all clear to me what I gain by using the PP PHP PRO or what I lose, if I go with the vbGallery version.

About the only features that I need integrated with vb is the registration. Does the PP PHP PRO still integrate will with the vb CMS 4.1.5 or am I better off staying with the vbGallery.

I have read about the differences and have heard there is a comparison but havn't found anything that helps me decide which I should be purchasing for my vB CMS 4.1.5 installation.

It really comes down to what I gain with one and what I lose with the other.

Can you help with this?

Chuck S
August 10th, 2011, 09:17 PM
I personally use Pro because it has features but the comparison is on our site under the details tab

PhotoPost PHP Photo Sharing Photo Gallery: Pro vs. vBGallery (http://www.photopost.com/compare.html)

ipscone
August 10th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. I'll go with the PRO.

Thanks,

Chuck S
August 10th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Yeah its good like I said Pro 8 will take care of any issues

You can install Pro 7.1 and let me know by email the site details and I can install 2 patches we have in 8 to make commenting work.