PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPost vs vBGallery

sanderton
August 2nd, 2011, 11:30 AM
Can you point me to somewhere which explains what the difference is, if there is one?

You main site doesn't seem to mention the latter at all.

Chuck S
August 2nd, 2011, 12:24 PM
In our site on the header under the option details we provide full details on our gallery software and there is an option there to view a comparison between Pro and vbGallery.

PhotoPost PHP Photo Sharing Gallery - Product Details (http://www.photopost.com/featuresphp.html)

Alfa1
August 2nd, 2011, 01:10 PM
Photopost is a full fledged gallery which lacks a number of vbulletin integration functions, while vbgallery is a very basic gallery with full vbulletin integration.

Chuck S
August 2nd, 2011, 01:22 PM
That is a matter of interpretation. On the front end. Pro and vbgallery operate much the same. Both applications load the vbheader footer style. Vbgallery admin and language the backed is in the vb admin panel whereas pro is separate that's the big integration difference if you ask me.

trackpads
August 3rd, 2011, 07:06 PM
if you have a Vbulletin forum then get VBgallery, hands down the best option for integration and the guys did a great job on it.

If you have anything else or just want a stand alone gallery then PP is for you,

-Jason

Chuck S
August 3rd, 2011, 07:36 PM
Yeah I think the stats are like 80/20 overall in which gallery people use with Pro being the top one because of its features.

ipscone
August 10th, 2011, 05:38 PM
This is still confusing...

I have vB CMS 4.1.5, on my newest site. I also have vB 3.8 on another forum, and it uses PP PRO and works quite well.

1) Which would be the most appropriate version for vB CMS 4.1.5?
2) Does PP PRO integrate well with vB CMS version 4.1.5?
3) Is there any good reason not to use the PP PRO on this version of vB CMS?
4) How much more complicated, if any, is it to integrate PP Pro with vb 4.1.5, than vbGallery?

One of the selling features of the vbGallery is that it integrates with the vb Album feature. I like the Album idea but HATE the "attachment" way that vB does it. I much prefer my files to be uploaded to my server, retaining their original names, so that when I right click I get a direct image link, instead of a PHP association. Does vbGallery work the same way as vB Albums? Because I surely hate the way vB does it. The way PP Pro works on my other system is the way I expect albums to work.

Thanks,
Mike

Chuck S
August 10th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Vbgallery does not work with vb albums so not sure why you say that. Our products work with the vb forums not com. It is a matter of choice. Vbgallery. 3.01 works fine with 415 vb. Pro 8 is going to have some nice features when it is released