PDA

View Full Version : Profiles

BrianC
July 27th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Hi Chuck,

I am using VB3.8 and already have the classifieds. I am going to purchase PhotoPost and inclined to use the PRO verision because of the addtional features. My question is the profiles. Will there be a separate profle in the Photo area if I use the PRO version. I think the header/footer usage in pro should be good enough for the integration. I will likely play with both versions and make a decison but perhaps just installing the PRO is what I should do. I have seen your recommendation of PRO in other threads. Just trying to avoid the multiple profile thing.

Thanks,
Brian

Chuck S
July 27th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Well the answer currently is yes there are two profiles in Pro 7.1

Now we will have a beta out soon of PP8 and we will be including our vb4 integration the ability for the profile links to go to the forum as it involves making sure you have mods installed in vbulletin to be able to do what you want. In PP8 we are including the vb4 plugins. vb3 is end of life so we are not going forward changing or adding anything new to that.

BrianC
July 27th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Thanks Chuck,

I own both a VB3 and 4 license and could use the VB4 for the site I would use with PhotoPost. Any time frame on the PP8 beta? I also thought there might be some hack for profiles for Vb3?

Chuck S
July 27th, 2011, 12:50 PM
There may be a hack in the mod corner do not know.

The pp8 beta should be out very soon.

BrianC
July 27th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Thanks...I made a purchase. Can you please make sure I am listed a verified member so I can see the mods. I do not have access. Thanks

Chuck S
July 27th, 2011, 05:21 PM
This post should assist you in becoming verified once customer service processes your order

PhotoPost Community - Announcements in Forum : Before You Buy (http://www.photopost.com/forum/before-you-buy/announcements.html)