PDA

View Full Version : ReviewPost: Smartphone app? Google maps integration?

Indian Summer
June 4th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Hi,

I've got two questions about ReviewPost:
1. Is there an Android or other smartphone app for it, or are you considering developing that sort of thing?
2. For restaurant reviews it would seem to be crucial to have some kind of integration with Google maps, so that users can easily find the restaurants. Is that a feature you would consider developing?

Chuck S
June 4th, 2011, 09:12 AM
1. well there are no plans for that at any time soon.
2. That could be put in as a suggestion. It would have to be investigated on how its done but it may even be something as simple as a java link or something that opens up a new window to google maps with the information passed pinpointed. I can not say what would be involved.

Indian Summer
June 7th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Chuck. Yes, I too suspect Google map integration might be easier than it sounds like, but haven't really looked into the details of it.

Chuck S
June 7th, 2011, 06:30 PM
;) I hear you as long as I have been in the tech industry I truly got my first real smartphone in February. What I mean by that obviously is an Android or Iphone system. The google map thing is cool although same as you I have never looked beyond that. Still to this day although I might now answer some email on my phone I generally use it to talk or text or the occassionally angry birds game.