PDA

View Full Version : vBulletin 4, VBSEO & Renewals

wonga
June 3rd, 2011, 05:20 AM
Hi,

Interested in purchasing the software.

First of all the renewal fee, is this just for the members area and updates or is this just to run the software on my forum?

Secondly, I'm having a tough time finding any vBulletin 4 forums using it. Seems to be VB3 forums. Are you able to show me an example? I'm assuming there is full support for VB4?

Finally, is VBSEO supported and are there any hacks needed to get it to work?

Thank you.

Chuck S
June 3rd, 2011, 01:07 PM
The renewal fee is for members area access to receive updates and product support. You can run whatever version you have as long as you want although it may or may not work with future PHP and Mysql which is why you want to update.

Photopost Pro or vbGallery both support vb4 although exact examples I would have to track down I know a fair amount use it but our customers are not required to share with us there integration type only domain name. You can check out examples in the examples section.

I have a Pro integrated here with vb4

http://www.reeftalk.com/gallery

Pro has its own SEO feature and vbSEO only works with vbulletin as that is what it is written for. I can not say what would have to be done with that program to support other things that is a question for vbSEO folks.

wonga
June 15th, 2011, 06:41 AM
The renewal fee is for members area access to receive updates and product support. You can run whatever version you have as long as you want although it may or may not work with future PHP and Mysql which is why you want to update.

Photopost Pro or vbGallery both support vb4 although exact examples I would have to track down I know a fair amount use it but our customers are not required to share with us there integration type only domain name. You can check out examples in the examples section.

I have a Pro integrated here with vb4

Pro has its own SEO feature and vbSEO only works with vbulletin as that is what it is written for. I can not say what would have to be done with that program to support other things that is a question for vbSEO folks.

Thanks for the reply and apologies for the delay in mine.

My only concern is that I have a lot of modifications to my VB4 install. And while I appreciate vbSEO only optimises normal vBulletin pages I wondered whether it would work correctly due to reading a number of posts where vbSEO altered the directories/paths of pictures causing photopost to break.

If I list the modifications I have installed would you be able to let me know which ones may cause issues?

Also my template is black and red with a number of alterations to the additional.css. Any potential issues here? Thanks.

Chuck S
June 15th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Sorry I would not be able to help with mods or hacks. I would have no idea any issues regarding those since I would not be using them personally. vbulletin.org has thousands of mods and there are tons of issues with using hacks that are covered there. it would be up to the hack authors to resolve any issues with there coding. Just like Internet Brands the makers of vbulletin we do not provide support for mods.

Our application is written to integrate with a clean stable vb4 code. I am not aware of any issues with the css and we do load the additional css stylesheet. As always any custom styles may or may not cause issues which would have to be discussed when found. additional.css is where you define additonal classes and if you use those classes in the header or footer they should show fine on our application. Our application itself should not be affected with any custom classes you use since our templates use the standard vb style classes.

wonga
June 17th, 2011, 03:54 AM
Sorry I would not be able to help with mods or hacks. I would have no idea any issues regarding those since I would not be using them personally. vbulletin.org has thousands of mods and there are tons of issues with using hacks that are covered there. it would be up to the hack authors to resolve any issues with there coding. Just like Internet Brands the makers of vbulletin we do not provide support for mods.

Our application is written to integrate with a clean stable vb4 code. I am not aware of any issues with the css and we do load the additional css stylesheet. As always any custom styles may or may not cause issues which would have to be discussed when found. additional.css is where you define additonal classes and if you use those classes in the header or footer they should show fine on our application. Our application itself should not be affected with any custom classes you use since our templates use the standard vb style classes.

And while I appreciate vbSEO only optimises normal vBulletin pages I wondered whether it would work correctly due to reading a number of posts where vbSEO altered the directories/paths of pictures causing photopost to break.

Ok thanks. And regarding vbSEO? By default are you aware of any issues as I've read a number of things on this forum that would indicate there are potential problems.

Cheers.

Chuck S
June 17th, 2011, 07:21 AM
well you may or may not have issues but if you read any of those threads none of this has to do with our application. You would need to ensure vbseo does not touch your urls in the gallery. I beleive in latest vbseo versions they have addressed this so you may be reading old threads. If there is something you have to do then vbSEO can assist you with errors in there application we do not provide support for that app.