View Full Version : User Thumbnail Picture
May 31st, 2011, 06:46 AM
changing the thumbnail of a user gallery / album is easy (=> Album Admin) ... but: How can a user change his/her thumbnail at the member gallery overview page?
May 31st, 2011, 07:29 AM
Users can set an album cover in personal albums because they are personal albums the admin of the site allow users to have them. Users can not administer any function of normal categories and members galleries is a regular category.
May 31st, 2011, 04:55 PM
just to understand the PP wording some questions:
an album contains personal images and/or personal sub-albums and belongs always to a specific user and the user can select a thumbnail / cover image. Right?
a category can contain images (exception see point 6) of any user and/or sub-categories and does NOT belong to a specific user (exception see point 5) and only the admin can select a thumbnail / cover image. Also right?
a gallery is a set of (at leased one) hierarchical categories (=> regular gallery) or …
a gallery is a set of all (at leased one) parallel / hierarchical albums of a specific user (=> member gallery). Still right?
from the technical point of view, a member gallery is a regular category, so only an admin can select a thumbnail / cover image / avatar
a member gallery only can contain albums, but no images outside an album (… means: at member gallery level).
there is no sub-gallery in a PP installation, only sub-albums and sub-categories.
If everything above is right: How (with which button / form / menu) can an admin select a thumbnail for a member gallery (which only can contains albums but no images directly, so nothing can be selected manually)?
May 31st, 2011, 07:31 PM
2. a category can contain any image uploaded to it
3. a gallery is a gallery it does not mean anything more than that. PhotoPost is a community gallery of images
4. same as 3. Albums are personal albums owned by a user. Categories are categories of images an admin defines say dogs cats turtles. Basically broken down categories to post to.
5. The members gallery is a category that displays by user. So users upload to it and instead of a regular category where images would be sorted however the sort is defined it is grouped by user. In any category an admin is the only one who can set a cover.
6. Not true
7. Not sure what you mean by this
An admin sets a category avatar by viewing a photo that exists in any category and sets the index thumb from the photo options menu.
June 1st, 2011, 01:51 AM
thanks a lot. It´s a little confusing at the beginning, but sooner or later i´ll understand it.
June 1st, 2011, 07:38 AM
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.