PDA

View Full Version : Adjust Showphoto screen width

NWCE
May 27th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Hi,

I had just upgraded to v7.1 and use Photopost as a photo gallery. The normal display screen size is fine except in the Showphoto area, where the screen is very wide and needs to be scrolled to the right/left in order to see everything. Does anyone know which file I can edit, so that this Showphoto area also "fits" the screen. Here's the web address in case my explanation was a little unclear nitwitcollections.com/gallery/index.php

Lastly, in v6 when you selected to show "all" at the bottom right of the screen, the results showed in the most recent first, as well as showed the number of views in the thumbnail. I cannot seem to find where to edit these settings in v7.1 in order to have this happen.

Thanks,

Jeff

Chuck S
May 27th, 2011, 08:42 PM
without seeing your site I can not truly comment. Have you set a medium image threshold in admin upload options that would be small enough for your site width to have no scroll? Searches in 7 series all happen truly in the search script so things do not work exactly as an earlier model.

NWCE
May 27th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Thanks for your reply Chuck! Thanks for the info about how the searches are displayed in v7.1.

I have not made any changes to the default settings in v7.1 for image threshholds, so I am not sure why it is viewing this way. You can view the gallery at nitwitcollections.com/gallery/index.php. When you click on a photo there, this will show you the odd screen size that I am referring to.

I hope that this helps to show what I am trying to change.

Thanks,

Jeff

Chuck S
May 28th, 2011, 07:56 AM
I am not sure what your trying to describe as an issue. Your not limiting your width of Photopost. I see nothing that is odd viewing your site. Your not using medium images and your main large images are max dimensions of 600 pixels so fine there.

Maybe turn off the next previous images in showphoto options in admin? Maybe set them to display in 1 row not 3 and to show left or right not bottom.

Just a few suggestions as I can only suspect your viewing your site with a small monitor.

NWCE
May 28th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks Chuck. Yes I will try your suggestions, and yes I have a 19" monitor so when I click the thumbnail to showphoto, it shows it as a wide screen that I have to scroll across to get the photo and writing in the centre of my screen.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Chuck S
May 28th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Yes your thumbnails are huge and your showing 7 wide in prev thumbs so I can see it scrolling. Not really an issue but you can use those suggestions to help your issue.

NWCE
June 2nd, 2011, 04:58 PM
Thanks again Chuck for your help. I was able to solve this issue by disabling the "Next/Previous" for the photos. The screen width now fits my screen while in the Showphoto.

Thanks for your help,

Jeff

Chuck S
June 2nd, 2011, 09:59 PM
enjoy your problem glad to help.