PDA

View Full Version : VB4 Layout

gmatthews
May 26th, 2011, 11:50 PM
Hi Chuck,

Out of curiosity, why hasn't photopost.com upgraded to VB4?

The reason I ask is we are at the point of deciding which way to go, i.e., VB 3.8 or VB4, for integrating with Photopost (both a new installation).

I've seen on your personal site in which you run VB4 and Photopost and I'm not thrilled about the layout. I'm sure it can be tweaked with a bit if CSS work, but even your forum get's distorted when viewing some of your image carouses (screen width get's thrown out of the template bounds).

Is Photopost better integrated with VB3 in terms of layout?

What I'm trying to avoid is having to do a bunch of "straightening out" if we decide to go with VB4.

Thanks in advance.

Gregory

Chuck S
May 27th, 2011, 07:15 AM
any site no matter what it is is going to have a scroll bar when viewing some images if they are bigger than the allowed size.

However my site has no width restriction so not sure what you mean I get no scroll bars so one can not comment on what you mean.

There are examples on our site under customer galleries you can take a look. You also have a choice between Pro and vbGallery. vbGallery may better fit your style choice when integrated with vb4.

gmatthews
May 27th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Can you share why photopost.com has chosen to stay with VB3?

gmatthews
May 27th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Also, do you have any fixed width, i.e., 960px (or thereabouts) for the outer container, VB4 forums using Photopost Pro?

Chuck S
May 27th, 2011, 11:35 AM
The site here uses vb3 simply because thats what it uses. vbulletin even uses vb3 still. Try resetting your members area password on the vb site or looking up your members info thats vb3.

There would be alot of web work to convert our site to vb4 and the owner simply has not choose to do so yet.

As far as site widths I simply would not know. We have many customers and they run all different types of integrations and layouts etc. Customers only have to tell us the domain name they are running the software on not what type integration or width etc.