PDA

View Full Version : Reinstall to new server

debbieodom
May 19th, 2011, 06:39 AM
I have an older version of photopost installed but my site was hacked so I can't access it. I want to install a new version of photopost including installation on a new server. I have a copy of the old database. Is that of any use or will I need to start completely over. What can I do to retrieve as much information as possible from the old database.

Chuck S
May 19th, 2011, 07:50 AM
well to try and peice together a site and retrieve info you need both the database and the actual data directory in its entire from your photopost site.

Do you have both?

debbieodom
May 19th, 2011, 02:01 PM
I have the sql database - but they deleted all files and folders in the html directory. And to top it all off, the backup files I had were corrupted, won't let me reinstall them. I turned to the webhost who does backups every 24 hours, but by the time we found the hack, they had already backed up the hacked folders so that was no use either. I'm trying to see if I can find an earlier photopost backup saved to my hard drive. The webhost is going to restore the site to it's original state, getting rid of any bad files we may have. So as soon as that's done, I'll be contacting Photopost for reinstall - if we have to start over from scratch, we'll just have to do it.

Chuck S
May 19th, 2011, 05:28 PM
yeah without the actual files and a database backup you would need to start over.

debbieodom
May 20th, 2011, 06:39 AM
I would like to at least maintain the users from the old database. When we create the new installation, is there any reason I could not import the users from the old database into the new one? Any other suggestions as to pre-preparation that I need to think about?

I'm waiting on the complete restoration of our account so I can start over. I'll be in contact about the new install then.

Chuck S
May 20th, 2011, 08:56 AM
well its possible to use the old database to upgrade and reinstall and delete the photos comments categories etc just leaving the old users.