PDA

View Full Version : Considering Photopost with vBulletin 4 and vBseo

joeman
May 17th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Hi my name is Joe and Im considering going with the photopost image gallery software for my vbulletin 4 forum which has vbseo installed and is an automotive forum... I am considering buying but have a few questions first...

1. Will the photospost software work well with this combination vBulletin 4 and vbseo?

2. Does photopost have a "car garage" type option for vbulletin 4 to be used for an automotive forum?

3. vbulletin 4 comes standard with an image system already, if you install photopost image gallery is there a way to disable to stock vbulletin image system?

4. Does photopost have an automatic watermarking system on images that are uploaded so the forum logo can be place there?

5. How does photopost work with vbseo? Do they like each other?

6. Does photopost apply to the forum threads in any way by offering some type of automatic image re-sizer of somesort, or does photopost only apply to its own image gallery area?

7. Last question, does photopost have a "random member garage photos" for vbulletin 4 that places like either say 3-5 random members car photos at the top of the forum right under the header?

Thanks,
Joe

Chuck S
May 18th, 2011, 09:03 AM
1. Pro has its own SEO rewrites. vbGallery does not have SEO features yet. All of our products work with vbulletin so no issues there. vbSEO is a product written specifically for vbulletin it is not going to work for anything else you install with vbulletin that might work with that forum because those products would not be your forum.

2. Not sure what you mean by car garage or which product your referring to so hard to really answer. We sell a photo gallery, product review and classifieds software.

3. vbulletin does not have an photo gallery. They have a profile album image thing which can allow users to have some photo albums in there profile but you can not create categories or setup specific image galleries for a community like you do in a true image gallery. You can disable vbulletin profile album thing in the vb profile options sure. ;)

4. Yes

5. answered in 1

6. Photopost content can be shown in image blocks on the forum etc but all the content is in your gallery which is a separate program from vbulletin. forums are for threads not photo galleries. Now Pro has an RSS script so you can do something like you want using the vbulletin RSS manager to dump a post about new images in the gallery.

7. Yes if you mean a random photo block it does. It also places content in a members profile if they have photos as well as a gallery link on your forum.

joeman
May 24th, 2011, 01:12 AM
1. Pro has its own SEO rewrites. vbGallery does not have SEO features yet. All of our products work with vbulletin so no issues there. vbSEO is a product written specifically for vbulletin it is not going to work for anything else you install with vbulletin that might work with that forum because those products would not be your forum.

2. Not sure what you mean by car garage or which product your referring to so hard to really answer. We sell a photo gallery, product review and classifieds software.

3. vbulletin does not have an photo gallery. They have a profile album image thing which can allow users to have some photo albums in there profile but you can not create categories or setup specific image galleries for a community like you do in a true image gallery. You can disable vbulletin profile album thing in the vb profile options sure. ;)

4. Yes

5. answered in 1

6. Photopost content can be shown in image blocks on the forum etc but all the content is in your gallery which is a separate program from vbulletin. forums are for threads not photo galleries. Now Pro has an RSS script so you can do something like you want using the vbulletin RSS manager to dump a post about new images in the gallery.

7. Yes if you mean a random photo block it does. It also places content in a members profile if they have photos as well as a gallery link on your forum.

Thanks for all your responses Chuck they all pretty much answered my questions. When I said "garage" I meant how some auto forums call their car photos galleries a "garage" where members post photos of all the cars they own. Like a virtual photo garage.

The profile album vbulletin has is where I was a bit confused, so youre saying they dont have a photo album just a way for members to post pics in their profile. With photopost installed do most people disable the vbulletin profile? Your software basically takes over as a true member photo album vs just profile photos correct?

Chuck S
May 24th, 2011, 09:15 AM
vb albums has no category index or way to create categories as it is not a photo gallery. A user can create an album to display in there profile. That is the vb albums thing

Now yes most people whom use a true gallery product would simply turn off the vb album thing.