PDA

View Full Version : Possible Hack?

NWCE
May 12th, 2011, 03:05 PM
I have been using v.6.01 for a few years and just yesterday I noticed in our gallery that in the Body area, if you click on any white space around the photo it redirects you to our website. This also causes problems when trying to log in or upload a new photo as any area that you try to click on (dropdown menu, "Browse" button to upload a new photo) it redirects you to our website.

I have upgraded to V7.1 today in hopes that it would eliminate this problem but is has not. Does anyone know which file I would edit in order to remove this URL from this area. You can see our gallery here nitwitcollections.com/gallery which may help to understand what I am trying to explain.

Any help would be appreciated,

Jeff

NWCE
May 12th, 2011, 04:58 PM
I have found my own answer and thought I'd share it, in case this happens to anyone else.

My problem was caused in the header with no closing </a> tag after the link markup to our custom banner. It was applying the link to our website, to the entire page, rather than just to the defined banner area.

I don't know why this problem appeared just yesterday, as I have not edited this file for a couple of months. I upload new files nearly each week, and this problem only appeared yesterday?.

Well, I am just happy that it is now fixed.

Jeff

Chuck S
May 12th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Yes if you do not close links correctly they can create havoc.