PDA

View Full Version : Can you search by member specialities?

arossphoto
April 8th, 2011, 11:49 AM
I was on a site today that uses PhotoPost with vBulletin, and they had a nice feature that allows people to search their member directory by specialities like architecture, boudoir, food, weddings, etc. You can also search by member location, etc, and the results show the member's contact info and thumbnail images. The directory search page and results don't look like PhotoPost, but the galleries they link to definitely are. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to set something like this up with PhotoPost, or do would I need something else for the directory?

I can't post a url, but the site is texasphotoforum.com/forums if you want to have a look. There is a link to Gallery, which is the main PP page, but there is a separate link to Directory as well.

Thanks.

Chuck S
April 8th, 2011, 06:02 PM
I looked at the forum I do not see any such feature your talking about can you please elaborate.

Main Index - Photos (http://www.texasphotoforum.com/gallery/)

I do not see anything modified on there gallery and its a little older of a version.

arossphoto
April 8th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the reply and sorry I wasn't clearer. If you look on the top menu bar you'll see Gallery link and 3 links to the right is the one for Directory. Click on that and you'll see the search page where you can select specialties, etc and then get a results page with links to the member's photopost galleries.

here's the direct link texasphotoforum.com/forum/kdirectory.php

Chuck S
April 8th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Okay that link though is some program cant say what but it has nothing to do with there actual forum or photo gallery. It seems like some independent script that is listing photographers.

arossphoto
April 8th, 2011, 06:50 PM
but it has nothing to do with there actual forum or photo gallery. It seems like some independent script that is listing photographers.

Yeah, but those listings are connected to the PhotoPost galleries and that's where the thumbnails seem to be coming from. You're probably right that it's a separate script that connects info in the member's vB profile and their PP gallery. I've been looking for something like that for years now, and was really hoping there was a new feature of PP or something. What a disappointment :(

Thanks again for your help.

Chuck S
April 8th, 2011, 09:41 PM
yeah thats possibly some custom thing they are using definately not part of vbulletin or our product.