PDA

View Full Version : Catagory Features

altoolsupply
April 7th, 2011, 03:56 PM
I have Photopost Classifieds and am developing a site for Percheron draft horses. Is there away to turn on/off or yes/no the feature of product condition, i.e. "excellent", "good", "fair", etc. along with the "shipping amount" feature? I looked in the edit catagoies but didn't see anything.
Thanks

Chuck S
April 8th, 2011, 08:22 AM
There is no way to turn it off.

You would need to edit your uploadproduct templates for whatever ad template set your using and remove the html or design some customer ad template set.

http://www.photopost.com/forum/classifieds-installation-upgrades/109206-faq-how-create-additional-template-sets-classifieds.html

altoolsupply
April 8th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Hi Chuck,
I read the corresponding link on additional templates. Followed step 1 and "added a new template". Named it "Horses For Sale". Assigned "5" to "with id #", since 0 thru 4 were taken.
Now, am I suppose to go into uploadproduct.tmpl and delete the coding for "condition" and "shipping"? I see where the coding is but after deleting how do save the file under the file name uploadproduct5.tmpl? The edit template button only allows "Update uploadproduct.tmpl". I'm assuming that the corresponding editproduct, showcat, showproduct are handled in the same manner.
Thanks

Chuck S
April 8th, 2011, 05:03 PM
what you need to do is make new files based off how that tutorial states to do. You do not alter your normal files.

thelegend
June 9th, 2011, 01:19 PM
same my problem

Chuck S
June 9th, 2011, 01:41 PM
You can alter your templating to display as your wish should what you want to do is not within normal program operation. However we do not assist with code modification discussions. Users can discuss with others code mods in the MOD CORNER.